Wow! where have I been the past two weeks. It's been busy here at the "Mobley" house. All kinds of projects going on. And trying to work outside when the weather plays along.
It's been cold, Windy, Overcast and some days Rainy. So with this weekend being beautiful this weekend, Sunny and warm. I took advantage of the great outdoors to play with a new Power tool! This girl just loves her power tools.
This new one is a "HomeRight Command Max" power sprayer.
Do y'all remember my recent post on my "DVD shelf to Ribbon Shelf" post. I posted that I really wanted one of these and planned to get one by the end of this year. Well, I was super excited when HomeRight contacted me and asked if I would like to review one. You just don't know how excited I was at this opportunity.
I have been wanting one of these ever since I seen Gail from "My Repurposed Life" show this machine. She gave great reviews on this machine so I emailed her several months back and talked to her about this one compared to one she used to use. And she loved this one for its ease of use and lack of over spray. That is a must for power sprayers so I was Sold. And knew I had to have one for all the projects we plan to do this summer.
So I started off with a small project as this wacky Florida weather can change in a matter of hours so I figured I would do some thing easy that I could do in one day and also be a good test and learn the machine. And let me tell you. "I LOVE IT"!
So here is what I'm currently working on. I bought these two large wood frames at the good will. The largest one is 31 inches by 20 inches and has some beautiful details in the wood. It was $8.00 at good will.
Although the picture freaks me out a little. (No information on this one) I wont be using that. I have another Idea for this frame. (Post to come later)
The second frame is 23 inches by 19 inches. And was $5 at good will. And about this picture, I pulled it out and it says it was printed in 1976 original printing was 1915. So that is pretty cool. I might keep this print. It's kind of cute.
So I took the backing off and removed the prints and glass (Hm, what to do with the glass?) Will have to think on that one.
I moved them out to the yard and did a light sanding on them to remove any dirt, and gloss so the primer will attach better.
I was using old primer and old paint so the directions say to use a strainer to remove clumps and debris from the paint. So I picked these up at Lowes. They are made by Blue Hawk. The one on the left is 1 gallon reusable mesh strainer. It's a 2 pk for only $2.28. And when using water basted paint or primer, its really easy to wash with water. The second pack is also by Blue Hawk and is a 4 pk of paper cone (Disposable) strainers for only .98 I got these to use with oil based paints and for the stain we plan to us on the fence in a few weeks.
This is what the look like out of the package. So now we are ready to get started. Paint has been stirred and mixed with water, strained and is now ready for action!.
Here you see the large frame painted with Primer using the HomeRight Command Max paint sprayer. WOW! That was super fast. I was so shocked, I just had to snap a picture after the first one. It took only about 2 minutes to spray both frames. Talk about fast. Man, so much better then using a paint brush to get in the small details. I did two light coats of primer.
And here are the frames with two coats of White latex water based paint. I only needed a little paint for this project so I used a old measuring cup. I used a 1/3 cup scoop and used two scoops of paint and one scoop of water and stirred real well and it was perfect.
I totally loved this sprayer because it was so easy to use, it's lighter to hold then others on the market. I have arthritis in my hands so this was a great help and easy to hold. And wow, it was a lot quieter then I thought it would be so that was a plus!
Some how I missed the picture of the water bucket, But make sure to keep one handy. I actually used two, One was for the paint stir sticks, measuring cup, mesh strainer and washing my hands. The other was clean water to add to the primer and paint. And to add the parts of the sprayer you need to clean when your done. Which was also a super easy task.
To clean the Command Max. Take the white bowl off and do some thing with the paint left over. I used a old clean jar to put the paint in and wrote on the label. "White Latex water based paint. Mixed 2 to 1 with water". So next time I need it, its ready to go all mixed and strained.
Next, wash out the bowl with clean water, take the tube off and spray till clean. Put tube back on, fill bowl with clean water and spay till water coming out is clean. Then remove the screw on cap and the winged sprayer, Inner spacer with springs and the brass Nozzle and put in water and wash all and clean the needle on the sprayer. When done cleaning, set parts on a towel to try then put back together. Its that simple. And ready to use next time.
I hope you like my review on the Command Max, I really have been wanting one for a long time and was so glad to have the opportunity to review this one. And these opinions are my own.
Places to get this sprayer:
Walmart $68.75 (Free shipping to store)
Home Depot $69.97 (Check your store for availability)
I'm not affiliated with any of these places. Just helping you find the best deal for you. And again, this machine was provided to me free. And the opinions are mine and I was not paid to make these statements. I truly love this product. And cant wait for the weather to stabilize so we can stain our wood fence.
Thanks for stopping by!
I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.