Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, January 31, 2013

Small Paper Trimmer Suggestions

I am in need of a new paper trimmer.  I have tried several over the years and didn't like any of them.  Until I got my Tonic Studios one.  I use it all the time.  But its a little big for taking to crops.

This is the Tonic cutter I have now, and love it, but looking for some thing smaller that cuts good and straight. And is not a Guillotine cutter.

I was looking at a few Fiskars trimmers and some use a wire and most don't get good reviews.  Say the wire breaks after a few uses.

And then they have some rotary ones.  I was never a fan of the cutterpied so not sure I will like the rotary ones.

And then seen the Martha Stewart cutter. Its kind of unique with the side slider and the blades don't look hard to change. But the reviews say, they are hard to get.  Have any one see them in store.  Here is a video on how this trimmer works.

This fiskars Euro looks pretty cool but it don't have any reviews yet.

So, what cutter do you have and just love enough to recommend.  Post a comment below with your cutter and model or a link please.  I need to get one soon.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

Photobucket

1 comment :

Lynn C. (wordperfectqueen@yahoo.com) said...

Sharon, I've got the small tonic and love it for cards and crops. I am a Guillotine lover so my large one at home is a guillotine. My crop cutter is a Making Memories cutter I got at Michael's with a coupon. It folds in half, is a rotary cutter, the parts are readily available, fairly inexpensive, and easy to replace. I have had mine for at least 6 years and it is still running like new. I have had to replace the plastic piece that the paper fits under, but they are cheap and easy to replace. They have both a pink and black one. I'd certainly buy another as I love it. It also has a magnetic ruler that fits on the bottom.