Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Saturday, November 3, 2012

Folded 3D Pumpkin

I'm "Slowly" and I mean "Slowly" working on a Fall Mantle decoration for over our fireplace.

I try and work on it a couple nights during the week after grandson goes home, dinner and dishes.  I started on it last week, maybe week before. I cant even remember. LOL.  But a lot has gone on this past week.  Like, Monday my grandson had that flue bug going around so I spent the day cleaning up throw up and stuff and watching blankets and stuffed animals.  And "Lil P"decided to share his germs with gramma so yep. Wed night I started getting and Thrusday was really bad. I have been recouping from it. My ribs are so sore I can't take a deep breath and my shunt that is in the side of my stomach is so sore when I move. So just been taking it easy today. So as you can imagine I haven't been able to work on it that much.

But I'm almost done with most of it.  I bought some candles and holders at the dollar tree.  And I have 3 parts of the project done.   Here is one part.

This is my Folded 3D Pumpkins.  I love how these turned out.  I made the file and cut it with MTC and cut it on my Cricut Expression (Yes, I'm still using my Cricut because I don't have the money to get new mats and blades and blade holder for my KNK Groove).

I cut out 10 of each pumpkin and stalk for the larger one which is about 5.5 inches tall and about 6.5 inches wide.   And the smaller one I cut 6 of each and its about half the size.  I then embossed them with with my Grand Calibur and the Swirl CB folder.

I knew I wanted to emboss these so I made sure I made them the size to fit in the folder. Just a little tip for you, LOL.

Then I inked the edges then just lightly rubbed the sponge over the emboss to pick up the highlights.

I then folded all the pumpkins and started to glue them together. One folded in half with the next meeting up with the first.  I used Scotch Quick Dry glue.  Y'all know I just love this glue and us it for every thing paper crafting.  And you buy it when its on sale or use a coupon on it. And it last a long, long time. So don't buy more then 2.

After all 10 were glued together. I then glued the two ends together.  This will give you the 3D effect.

Next, take all your Stalks, and ink if you like.  And glue the first one on.  This one will depict with the rest will fall so make sure you like wither its placed.  And glue the first, flip the next section, glue and do this till done.

I then added some ribbon but it was missing some thing.  So I just had to make some leaves and some swirls.  And I inked those and curled the tips and used the same glue and my Tweezer Bees to hold it in a tight space for a few seconds. And that was it.

I love how these turned out.   And I have the file for this available Here on my blog for only .99 cents.

I have this file available in MTC 4.0.4, SVG, EPS, PDF.

I will be working on a blog post of the next two parts I have done. Using SVG cuts files.  I think you will like now those turned out.

Thanks for Stopping by!
Sharon



Photobucket

1 comment :

scrapn said...

This is really cute! You can use it for both Halloween & Thanksgiving! Your work has always been beautiful!
Kathy