Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fall Mantel Decorations!

 "Fall Mantel Decoration"   



I didn't plan for it to take me 2 1/2 weeks, but I had a lot happen the past week with being sick and all. Which I'm still sick but was determined to get this done.  So I can make some flowers out of ribbon and fabric for headbands for my new granddaughter that can arrive any time in the new 2 months.  So having a shower this Sunday to get it out of the way.  Last time we had the shower. Lil Punkin was born next morning. 5 weeks early.  This one is expected to be early as well. We are hoping she waits till the shots are done at 36 weeks.

I used several files from SVG Cuts.com for my project.  And I will post links to those as I go though this post.  It will have a lot of pictures.  So you can see all the details that went in to this Beautiful Project! So here we go.


For the letters "THANKFUL" I used the 3D Letter set by SVG Cuts.com.  You get the whole set of 3D letters for $8.99.  And it comes with full instructions on how to put them together.  Think about all the uses you can use these letters for.  Make your child's name or decorate the new baby nursery in with their name.  So many uses for these.

On mine, I used DCWV and Bazzill cardstock, nice and thick and textured. I inked all the edges so it shows the details of the edges.  I then dug though my stash.  And found 8 different Fall theme papers. Then used gold brads on the ends of the letters for added detail. And used stickles on all the letters to out line the details of the paper. Used Scotch Quick Dry glue on the Letters and the paper on the front.


These are the Flowers I made using the 3D Mums Fall Flowers from SVG Cuts.com as well.  I love all the layers these have. Next you will see pictures of each set I made. I only made 5 of the 9 different Flowers you get in this kit.  You can make them any color to fit any theme. I choose fall colors for my decoration.

This is the Lollipop Mum in the set.  It has 12 layers per flower along with leaves.  I used a maroon color cardstock by Recollections "Spice Market". And used Scotch quick dry glue. A stylus to bend the petals. And distress ink on the edges. Also used large rhinestone by Recollections in the center with a touch of star dust stickles.


This is the Dublin Mum from the set and has 3 layers in the petals and 3 layers in the centers.  Used a stylus to bend the petals. Inked the edges.  Used a small yellow rhinestone in the centers on top of yellow dardstock and yellow stickles.

You can see the leaves in this picture.  I took a sheet of cardstock and folded it over so it was 4 layers. Laid the leaf on and used a stylus to get a nice emboss line.  A mouse pad is to soft and just bends the leaves. I wanted a deep impression.


This one is the Cedis Mum in the set.  I think this one is one of my favorites and It's Lil Punkin's favorite as well.  This one has 2 layers of petals. 5 layers for the centers.  I used the same technique on the petals and inked all layers.  Yellow stickles on the centers. I choose dark brown cardstock and autumn yellow.


This one is called Spider Mum from the set. and has 4 petal layers and 5 center layers. For this one, I choose a light tank color from the same Autumn pack.  I then inked the tips with a cranberry color from Adirondack inks.  And a red rhinestone in the centers.


The last flower is the Brittany Mum in the set.  This one has 8 layers. I choose the same Autumn yellow for all layers.  And used a rhinestone in the center with a little touch of stardust stickles in the center.  And a walnut distress ink on the edges of the petals to give it a nice detail.

I also used one other file from SVG Cuts.com  Its a free file that is a paper piecing. But I cut several of the same shape and glued them together with scotch quick dry and made the Acorn in to a 3D acorn. I cut them in two sizes.  You can see my post on that one HERE. 


And the last part of my decoration was my 3D Folded Pumpkin file. You can read about that post HERE

I tried to use most of my stash here at home so I didn't have to buy much.  Other then the two files I bought. I only bought the 4 glass candle holders for $1 each at dollar tree and the candles 2 per pack for $1 each.  And the bead garland I got at Joanns on 70% clearance so they were $2 each, I got two.

Here is another view of the Mantel.


I had the lights off in the living room and had just the lights over the fireplace on and it looks so cool in the dark.  My husband came home and seen it and he said. Wow, Now that is Cool!  I love when he loves my work.

Hope you enjoyed this long picture post.
And thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

What I used:
Cardstock: Recollections, Bazzill and DCWV
Ink: Adirondack inks and Distress Inks
Rhinestones: Recollections and Want 2 Scrap
Files: Svg Cuts
Cutter: Cricut Expression
Software: Make the cut
Stickles, Ribbon, Scotch quick dry glue, Glue dots, Stylus.

Photobucket

3 comments :

Megin said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing so many details on this project! The mantel is beautiful!

Heather Hadden said...

Amazing ideas, thanks for sharing! Nice mantel!

scrapn said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous!