Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Sunday, November 4, 2012

3D Acorn (SVG CUTS)

This is the second part of my "Fall Mantle Decoration"

3D Acorn (Finished Picture)


And wait till you see the free file I used from SVG Cuts to make this.  I made the above from this free file from SVG Cuts called "Oak Leaves Corner Element"

I used the paper piecing of the Acorn.  And I made it really big from the original file.  I cut this 6x6.  And I cut 8 of the bottom layer and 8 of the caps.  I then embossed them with my Cuttle bug swirl folder.  Then inked the swirls.

Then I used the same folding technique as I did with my Folded 3D Pumpkins (in the post below this one).  I did that, by folding each image in half and glued them one by one together. Then glued the last ones together.

Then I folded the caps and started gluing those on.  Now keep in mind.  If you are going to emboss them like I did. CD folder Swirls and the Mesh on the top. This will change the size of your paper.  So you might have to trim just a little on the edges.  And I mean just a tiny amount.

So what I did was trim the little bit and then inked it so you couldn't tell.  I also cut one half the size and put it together the same way.

I then cut the top part of the leaves in the file.  And glued the stems on and added a small piece of ribbon.  .



I think these turned out so cute and will look great with my Fall Mantle Decoration.  What do you think?
I have two more Reveals to post and then I will post the finished project.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon



Photobucket

1 comment :

scrapn said...

These are really cut Sharon! I think your mantle will be beautiful for Thanksgiving!
Kathy