Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, October 11, 2012

Guest Room Wall Quote (MTC and SVG File)

My son moved out a couple weeks ago and I have been busy getting the "New Guest Room" ready on a really slim budget.

I will post more on that later.  I just wanted to get this file posted before I forgot.   This is my first file in MTC and it was a little bit of work.  I know, It's just a title right!.   Ha, Yeah, I know,  But there was a issue with the font and it had open shapes.  I don't know if that matters in MTC.  But having come from designing in KNK studios for several years.  I like to have those closed so the file looks right on screen and know it will cut right.  I did a search and found one of Sandy's videos (Closing Open Shapes in MTC) and it worked like a charm.

During the several months I took off from creating.  My old laptop finally said enough.  And  my new laptop crashed.   So I was stuck with no software. Lost all my designing software and lost my KNK studios software I 100% designed in.  And didn't want to pay to re-install it and activate it.

So,Lucky for me.  I had purchased MTC and your allowed to install as many times as you like on as many computers as you like (as long as only one is open at a time).  And I had backed up my last version I installed and my cricut driver to external drive.  So I was able to install both.  And contacted MTC to reactivate it.  And man, as soon as I hit send, it sent me the code and I was up and running.  Now, it cut fine to my Cricut.  But I didn't have a long Cricut Mat.   So my only other option was to cut it on my KNK Groove E.

Well,  having lost my software, I didn't have the right driver for it.  So I posted on the MTC forum knowing Sandy is there and sure enough.  She helped me out and got me the link to the driver and I was up and cutting with the Groove in minutes.

Boy did it feel good to be cutting after 8 months of not cutting or designing for that matter.   So now Im ready to get scrapping with my new kit club I joined. (Scrapbook Generation).


Remember, this is going over the bed in the guest room so I thought it was perfect.  I have seen other versions on the net.  But I mad this one with fonts in MTC and the brackets on the side are from
Dafonts.com called "Soft Ornaments" 

I loaded this file in MTC and SVG format on the MTC forum.  Created in MTC 4.0.4

NOTE: I no longer sell my files and if I share one it will now only be in MTC and SVG formats.

I got to run now,  I have guest coming tomorrow and still have a lot to do.
Sharon

Photobucket

1 comment :

Trisha said...

What a pretty project! Congrats on getting a "new guest room!" This is such a good idea. Thanks for the file and the inspiration.