Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Monday, October 15, 2012

Cup Cake Purse

My Sister-in-law and her husband came for a weekend visit this weekend.  And it was also her birthday.

They came Saturday night and then the rest of my husbands family came on Sunday and we had a big BBQ and watched foot ball all day. We had a great time.  First time they have been to my house since we moved here little over 6 years ago.

So for her birthday.  We got some cupcakes and I made this super cute Cupcake purse file I bought from Cre8ive Cutz.



I bought two Purse files and swapped the base, This one came with a Mini holder bottom that holds 4 mini cupcakes.  I also bought the Cupcake Purse Single so I could swap out the bottoms. This cute file is only .99 cents.  And its super cute.  I bought several other files while I was there.


All the pieces cute super easy.  And cut in several piece so you have the option to cut what every color paper combo you choose.  I choose to use this super cute paper line called "Be Mine" by Echo Park. Im really loving Echo Park lately.  I used 3 papers from this line. They are doubled sided.  The inside of the pink is gray with writing. And the 3rd paper is the cupcake holder on the inside, you will see in another picture.

I sewed the edges of all the pieces with a metallic thread.  I used pearls and beads on a wire for the handle and attached with white brads. And attached to the front panel.  The circle that cuts out of the holder, I used on the front of the flap and added a cure prima flower along with some ribbon.


I also added a velcro button that you lift up just under the satin bow.  Along the top edge is lace ribbon with pearls also along the bottom.  It come out really cute.  And my Sister-in-law fell in low with it.


This is the inside. You can see the 3rd paper.  And this is a substitute cupcake. LOL!  I had got a mini cheese cake with chocolate on top with fancy chocolate fans and a nice dipped strawberry on top.  But She dug in to it before I could get a picture.  So this is a substitute cupcake. LOL.

I hope you enjoyed the post and try out this adorable file.

Thanks for stopping by:
Sharon

Supplies Used: 
Cupcake Purse File - Cre8ive Cutz 
Paper Line- Echo Park "Be Mine" 
Rose - Prima "Love Letter Quartz"
Sequin trim, Satin Ribbon, Pearls, Brads, Velcro, Hot Glue gun, Sewing machine, Score tape, glue dots. Scotch quick dry glue.
Machine, Cricut with MTC.



Photobucket

No comments :