Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, December 22, 2011

3D Nested Snowflake Ornaments (Friday Freebie)

Happy Holidays to All!

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday with your Family and Friends.  I want to Thank all my Friends and Customers that have supported me this past year.  I know its been a hard one for many myself included.  There will be some new fun changes in the new year so stay tuned.  But for now.  I'm giving you all a Free file to say Thank You!  Free file available Friday Dec 23.  (Also posting link to store for those that miss the file)

This is my newest file.  RM00166 Nested Snowflake 1  (Now available in store)




I have two samples for you.  I used this file to make 2 different 3D ornaments.  And took several pictures to show you how to put them together.  So here we go.

This is the first 3D Snowflake I made using this file.  Paper is by Graphic 45 "Christmas Emporium"  I won this last Saturday at the Cutters Creek Virtual Christmas Party. (Thanks again, Kim).


For this Snowflake.  I used 3 of the 5 layers.  I cut 1 of the largest, 2 of the middle and 2 of the smallest.  Cut all at one time on a 12 x 12 piece of double sided paper from the Christmas Emporium kit.
I cut this on my Cricut Expression using MTC software.  My settings for this paper was blade at 3 and pressure on High and MTC cut setting at Fast.   And as you can see.  It cut perfect and weeded really good, Just pealed off the outside, then the images I'm keeping.  And this is whats left.

Now to remove all the left over little bits and pieces, I use a scrapper from Pampered Chef. But I have white ones from the dollar store I use as well, Just cant find it at the moment.  And wait!  Don't thow those away.  Put them in a little snack size bag and write on it. "Christmas Confetti"  You never know when you will need some for a cute shaker box.
Next add little foam dots. I use the edges and cut them to fit the tiny sections. (Cutters Creek has some Clear Foam pads) I really need to try those. I used double sided paper.  So I flipped the colors for the other side. It looks pretty cool.  I finished off this one with Red half pearls and white half pearls by Want to Scrap. And  used stickles on the edges. Hung with red ribbon.

And here is the second Ornament.   I love how this turned out.
I couldn't decide what paper to use.  And this is what I came up with.
 This is one of the papers in the pack, there are 2. And I couldn't figure out what I would use it for.  And this ended up working out perfect.  The details in the file break up the page so it gives a really cool multi colored look to the ornament.

I selected one of the layers and cut it 6 times.  Then I folded all in half.  But 3 with one color on the out side and the other 3 the other way.  This gives you a alternating color 3D ornament.
Start with your first one, Use a quick dry glue like Scotch Quick Dry.  And put the glue on one side. And grab the other color outside.  And attach. (Make note to keep your images in the same direction so they mate up perfect). Keep going till all 6 are attached and then glue the last sides together. Let dry.  I added Red and White pearls (20 of each color) on this one.  Along with the stickles.

Here is the finished Ornaments.  What can you do with this file?

Now for your Friday Freebie File.  This file will be available till midnight Friday 12/23/11.
Download here RM00166 Nested Snowflake 1 (Now available in store)


Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon


Photobucket

6 comments :

Lynn C. said...

Thanks so much for the free file, Sharon. I loved your snowflake ornaments. They really turned out nice. I wasn't fired up about the paper until I saw the finished product. They were very colorful.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and Good Health.

MichelleMyBelle said...

very pretty Sharon, love that paper. Thank you.

Izzyb said...

I love these. Gorgeous! Saw your link on sb.com.

Cherbear said...

Thank you so much for the snowflake file! Have a Merry Christmas!

Suzzi said...

Very cute and thanks for sharing.

Patricia said...

Oh, this is beautiful! You are so creative and talented to do your own designs to cut.