Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Monday, November 14, 2011

Layouts from the Retreat

As you all know I went to the Creating for Causes Retreat Nov 4-6.  Man, it was wonderful.  We were treated so nice and pampered so much while at the retreat.

The food was out of this world.  We had a buffet brought to our ball room for Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday and Sunday.   And we had a snack buffet Friday and Saturday.  Friday night we had these awesome Apples every way you could think of.  Covered in White Chocolate, Apple Chips, as little tarts, also apple slices with caramel.  And other ways as well.   Then Saturday night.  We were treated to a full Ice Cream Sunday bar.  And it even had several kinds of cookies, brownies and hot fresh made pretzels. They were so good.

I cant even begin to tell you about all the different foods we had.  Oh My!  All the food was wonderful.  I dont think I have eaten so much in 3 days as I did that weekend. But it was wonderful.

It was really sad that only 9 people showed up at the event.  It was totally awesome. And we plan to go again next year.

I had entered 3 of the challenge categories and won all 3. But only because no one else entered.  But I'm really happy with the prizes I won.   I won 3  12 x 12 paper packs for those entries.   Though out the weekend.  I won several other prizes from the door prizes and raffle tickets we all bought.
I won the "All About Boys" stack by DCWV.  The Mainstreet Flocked " Stack by DCWV.   And I also won the Tim Holtz "Kraft Resist - Christmas Memories" stack.  Then for the Raffel had bought 25 tickets and only won one time. But I won the Martha Stewart Score Board.  I have been thinking about getting this one as it has more slots then my Score Pal.  So this was a great win.  Then I won 2 different stamp sets with my Door prize Tickets.  The little stack of paper was in my goodie bag.


 I managed to get 3 1/2 layouts done at the retreat.  I did a lot of cutting for Jill's  Baby Banner she made using my  Banner File RM00138.  The layout above is one I made using one of my files RM00134  I blurred out the pictures to make my daughter happy. My grandson was born 5 weeks early and was so tiny. He was wearing Preemie sleepers and they were so big on him.  He was 3 days old in these pictures.

This one I used my File Baby's First Bath RM00136 and for the circle border I used one of my Fancy Mats 1 RM00147.  I had to fuzzy out this picture as well.  But in this picture was his first bath after his belly button fell off.  And he was just enjoying it looking out the window.

This one is one of my all time favorites.  I designed this file not long ago. Precious Sleeping Baby RM00156  I originally thought I would cut this out of Blue, White and Yellow but, when I seen this one picture.  I just had to use it and change the colors.  And I cut it in green and brown to match the baby blanket in the picture. I think it turned out perfect.  I used yellow stickles on the stars and the Moon.  I tried to do this layout in 30 mins at the retreat for a challenge and didn't make it.  Oh Well,  it still turned out to be one of the favorites at the Retreat.    Sorry about the pictures. My son took my new Fuji camera with him on his weekend with his girl to the GA mountains. So I had to use my old stand by.

And guess what. I had a surprise waiting for me when I got home from the Retreat.

When I got home, I had this yellow package waiting for me.  And I know I have not bought any thing. And to my surprise.  Inside was this set of Tim Holtz Limited Edition Winter 2011 Distress Inks.  They were gifted to me from "Kimber Klause and the Merry Elves" of Cutters Creek.  You all know, I love Cutters Creek.  Her service is so fast.  I told every one about them at the retreat and two of my friends placed a order when they got back from the Retreat.  Thank you so much Kim.  These will go perfect with the Tim Holtz Resist stack I won.

Sorry about the slow posting the past few weeks.  As you know I have been taking care of my grand son, that is now 9 months old.  And he seems to be sick a lot these days. With this crazy weather we are having.  Last week, we were treating him for RSV.  He was on several medicines and Breathing treatments a day.  He seems to be better as far as the RSV but he still isn't feeling that good.  Maybe because he has cut some new teeth in the past few weeks. And got his 5th tooth on Friday.  And number 6 is working its way out.  Poor little man.  So I just spend all my time with him during the day.  Love that Little Punkin so much.

Make sure you check out the Creative team blog.  The girls are posting some really cute Christmas items.

Thanks for Stopping by!

Sharon

Photobucket

2 comments :

Sarah said...

Beautiful layouts and congrats on the wins you had at your crop. I would love to go to one of those one day!

Jan Hennings said...

I've never attended a retreat but it sure sounds like fun! Your layouts are all so cute :) Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my "Santa's Bringing A Train Load of Twine" project on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog! Good luck!