Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Freebie Thursday's Digital Downloads (My Memories Tutorial)

Here is today's Freebie Thursday's Digital Download.  This gift from My Memories Suite.  Has 2 quick pages as png, papers as jpg, embellishments png, stitched border png, zipper pull png.

( This picture shows one page, but there are actually two quick pages).  I will be showing those with my samples.

These Digital downloads are free for you to use.  In any software you like.  They come as PNG and JPG files so you can use them in any software you like.  But if you want to purchase My Memories Suites software.  You can use my special code STMMMS2830  and get $10 off the price and only pay $ 29.97.

Here are my samples using the quick pages in this kit.

I used the quick page, and added the zipper pull from this kit, and then added a couple of flowers from the My Memories Suits software.  Added the text to the zipper pull and the ribbon. This is a picture we took this weekend at the Creating for Causes Retreat.


Here is my second page using the quick page in the kit.   I added my picture of the sign at the Creating for Causes Retreat.  And added Flowers to the Zipper pull so it looks like a book plate.  And added the title. This Retreat raised money for the Boys and Girls Club of Central Florida.


If you want to know how to add these quick pages in My Memories Suites software.  This is how I added them.

1.  Start with a blank page

2. Embellishments > Add > Browse Other and look for your quick page where you have saved and extracted the file. And double click to add your quick page.  Bring the quick page in as an Embellishment so that you can use it as a layer and move your pictures behind the quick page and add other things to the top.

3. Photos > Add and look for the picture you want to add to your quick page. Resize your picture and position over the photo opening.  Then click on the quick page and right click, select Bring forward and see if your picture placement is good.  If not. Right click and Send backward and move your picture.

4.  Text > Add Text.  A cloudy box will appear.  You can double click the box to size it to the image you want to type in. I sized mine to the size of the zipper pull.  And choose the center alignment.  Type your words.  Select font and size.  When done, click on quick page to set your text.

5. To add embellishments like Flowers.  Click Add and in the drop down list.  Select Flowers and they will appear on the right side and select the one you want.  Double click and close, Or select and apply and close. Then resize and place your Flower.  If you want a duplicate.  You can select Copy and Paste and place it where you like.

6. When done, go to top menu bar and Share Album > Export to JPEG and save it where you like.

That's it. Super easy.
Photobucket

1 comment :

Caroline said...

great layout Sharon, you are really getting the hang of this digi scrap thing :)