Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"My Memories Suites" Digital Scrapbook Software Giveaway

A few days ago, I was contacted by "My Memories Suites"  And asked to try out this Digital Scrapbooking software.

I was excited to try this out as for several years.  I have been collecting Free Digital Kits with the hopes to learn how to use them. But never did so I turned to Digital Cutter File Designing.  So for me, this is a great time to try it out and see how it goes.  And let me tell you.  They weren't kidding when they said it was easy.  It's Super easy.  Just drag and drop.  Great for beginners to advanced users.

This is great for all you paper scrapbookers that have been wanting to try Digital scrapbooking. And I know that others have used my files in their Digital Scrapbooking but I have no clue how to do that. But think I'm going to give it a try. Since this software is so easy to work with.

The My Memories Suites Software comes with 1500 Papers and 1000 Embellishments and 20 Templates.  Or you can make your own from the get go like I did. Or you can download several of their free papers and kits or purchase some of their awesome kits in store. Or add your own kits.

And not to mention all the cool things you can do with this. Check out all these cool functions.  I can't wait to play with this some more.

You can check out all the rest of the features here. They have a forum here.

Here is the first layout I made. From scratch. I think it turned out pretty good. For my first try.
I started this layout from blank canvas. I first selected my picture template to use. And just loaded the pictures and moved the frames around and resized and added mats to the pictures.  I selected my paper texture.  Selected a contrast paper and selected to make it a scalloped circle. I then added the zig zag stitching ( Its a little off in the corners. But I like it. Looks like a real page). LOL!  I then added the hammered brads to the scallops.  I then selected this ledger paper and reshaped it to make it my journal box and the binder clip is one of the embellishments  The title was made using the word art in the "My Memories Suites" software.   I really like how this turned out for my first try.  It was really easy.  These are some pictures I took at Manatee Springs.  

You know, the funny thing is.  I don't ever journal on my scapbook pages because I cant read my own writing. So this is the first one with journaling.  I think that makes it even more special.  Don't you?  

And this is my second layout.  I have been meaning to make a layout for my pets that passed last year.  And just couldn't bring myself to do it.  But for some reason.  This was the day to make it.  And I love it. 

With this one.  I selected a 2 picture template.  Selected the beautiful paper from the list.  I then added the black flourishes and resized them.  Then added the flowers and bows. Added the ribbon which I made fatter so I could layer another ribbon on top for contrast.  Added the Title using the text feature.  And added the pictures and the mats.  And get this super cool feature.  The picture of my Shelti was actually take with him facing the other way.  And I was playing with some of the picture features and I was able to flip the direction. So now he is looking at Morris.  How cool is that! 

I love how easy this is so much.  I have an idea.  I think I'm going to play with this software and use it to make samples of layouts to see how they look.  So I know what I need to make real paper layouts.  What do you think.  I like the idea.  

Okay, so,  In exchange for a review of this wonderful software.  I was giving a extra download code to give to one of my blog Followers (Yes, you have to be my blog Follower)  


Want to win this awesome software.  You have 3 chances to win. 

1. Be a follower of my blog.  (Leave a Comment and tell me if you are new or old follower) Required

2. Go to "My Memories Suite" and look around and tell me which digital kit you love. (In a new comment)

3. Go to My Memories Facebook page (LIKE them) and post on their wall "Scrappin with Sharon and Smokey" Sent me.  (then leave a comment below letting me know you Liked their page) 

This give away runs from Oct 13 - Oct 30.  Winner will be selected via Random.org on Oct 31. 


Now, if you just cant wait till Oct. 31 to see if you win.  You can use this special code they gave me to pass on to all my blog readers. 

Use this code  STMMMS2830  to get $10 off the price instantly. So you get it for $29.97.  And you also will get a $10 gift code towards downloadable Digital Scrapbooking kits in the My Memories Suit store.

I hope you all enjoyed my post of my very first Digital Scrapbooking Layouts.  You will be seeing more of these.  And good luck in the giveaway. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon 



Photobucket

18 comments :

Shirley Fread said...

I am an old follower of your blog. Thanks for the chance to win.

Caroline said...

Don't want to be counted in your competition but congrats on completing your first digi layouts. Now get over to my Blog and download some freebies LOL

Sharon said...

Ha, Thanks Caz,

That's right, I for got you have kits. I can now use those. I will be stopping by soon.

Sharon

MichelleMyBelle said...

Sharon, you're on your way.

I love digi scrappin! No mess and you can use you paper and elements over and over again. You can also do some amazing effects that you can't achieve with traditional paper scrapping. Look forward to seeing more of your digi layouts.

Nancy Stiz said...

Thanks for the chance to win this! I am a new follower and have always wanted to try digital scrapbooking. How wonderful and I love the idea I can print them.
Love your layouts!

Nancy Stiz said...

Thanks for the opportunity to win this. I've always wanted to try digital scrapbooking. I love the idea of printing my own pages. Your first layouts are fantastic.
Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I like the Walk in he Garden in Spendor and Golden Days. Digital Scrapbooking has always intriged me but was always afraid I would not be able to master the software. It sure would save a crafter a lot of space!
Ann
papercreation@cinergymetro.net

Heidi said...

Hi. I'm a new follower, but you've been bookmarked in my favs for a while. LOL.

Heidi said...

I like the "It happened this year" pack. I love all the bright colors and fun embelishments for theose holiday/seasonal needs. Cute cute.

Jun Bug House said...

OK I made me a follower of your blog by Google.
I hope I did this right.
I have never don this before.
OK off to look at the "My Memories Suite" look at a kit I would love.
**U**
Nance

Darla said...

I really like the baby girl mask pages. :)

Darla said...

I am a new follower but have been a regular reader of your blog for a long time

Darla said...

I like My Memories Facebook page! :)

Lynn C. - wordperfectqueen@yahoo.com said...

I am an old follower on your blog, Sharon. I love the Halloween Boo and Scream Digital Kits but anything Halloween I'd love.
I am on my way to My Memories Facebook now so I will be leaving a Like then a sent by you message.
Would be fun to win. I do LOVE Halloween.

Lynn C. - wordperfectqueen@yahoo.com said...

Oops guess I have to tell you in a new comment that I love the Halloween Boo and Scream Digital Kits on "My Memories Suite" but anything Halloween I'd love.
I am on my way to My Memories Facebook now so I will be leaving a Like then ans sent by you message.
Would be fun to win. I do LOVE Halloween.

Lynn C. - wordperfectqueen@yahoo.com said...

Went to the My Memories facebook page and told them you sent me and that I like it.
Think I covered everything now...
Thanks for the chance to win, Sharon.
I appreciate it.

Tina said...

I follow you through email (signup at dbtina dot com). (Old follower) A good contact email if I win is tina_8000 at yahoo dot com.

Sandy B said...

I like the Walk in Splendor kit. I've been a follower for a while. Love your digi pages. On my way back to look around some more and tell them you sent me. :)