Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Halloween Cutie" Picture Frame

Have you see all the picture frames that have popped up on the net lately.  I have. And they are so cute. It reminded me.  I had this wood craft frame sitting in my "Don't know what to do with this"  box.  Every once in a while I go though it and pull stuff out.  So I grabbed the frame and went to work on it.

I didn't take any pictures before hand.  As I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  But it was just one of those bare wood craft frames from Provo Craft. I got this years ago and not even sure where. But now I want more. LOL!

Here is my finished project.  And do you know. This is my first craft project in 3 months. (Remember I had taken time of)  But I'm back and ready to go now.  I had so much fun making this.


This wood frame is 6.5 x 8.5 by itself.  I painted the wood frame black.  And used mod podge to attach my Target dollar spot Halloween paper. Its really cute paper.  I inked the edges after with black so you don't see the white paper edge. For a more finished look.  But to me the frame was just to plain with just a ribbon.  So yep.  You guessed it.  I just had to go design a frame for it. LOL!

So I have a brand new file I designed on Sunday.  Just for this frame.  But its so cute. I think I'm going to cut another one to use on a layout.  This new file is "RM00158 Spiderweb Frames Border"    The frame has Spider Webs and bats in the corner. And is 2 players. In the file its 3.  I didn't use the 3rd layer as its actually my wood frame.   I measured my wood frame.  Made rectangle in KNK the size of the frame and designed around it so I knew it would fit. 

The title "Halloween Cutie" is a title from my other new file "RM00157 Halloween Titles 1"    And the   


Spider Web in the corner is last Fridays Freebie File.  "RM00008 Spider Web" 


I then added rhinestones to the center of the Spider Webs.  I love how this turned out.  And think I need to make more of these cute frames.   




Want to win this new file set.  RM00158 "Spider Web Frame Border


One lucky "follower" will win this file.  Just leave me a comment below and become a follower of my blog . By Friday Oct 14 mid night Eastern time and I will pick a winner on Saturday Oct 15.

Now if you cant wait till Friday and have to have this now.  I'm offering this file free with any file purchase of $10 or more from today Oct 11- Sunday Oct 16.  


Reminder: Dont forget.  Design team call ends Saturday. So get your entries in. 




Hope you enjoyed my Halloween Cutie Frame.  I just love it.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon





Photobucket

14 comments :

Paula said...

Sharon- this is incredible! I love how you altered this frame, gorgeous!!! Great project;)

Shirley said...

Love it!

Shirley

Anonymous said...

Ekkk, spooky cute & I luv it!!!! I work on Halloween stuff all year round and this file is a must have. GREAT job! Thank you for sharing on your awsome blog. Debbie ~PPD~

MichelleMyBelle said...

Sharon, fabulous frame! I could not wait until you posted your project. Was dying to see what you designed.

Anna said...

Sharon this frame is amazing. Just wonderful!!!
I am a follower.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Robin said...

That is absolutely adorable!! Your creativeness is very inspiring! Maybe someday I can come up with something like that too! I guess I'll keep trying....

Caroline said...

Gorgeous frame Sharon... how is your grandson ? Lachlan is almost 12 months now... where did that time go? I am so happy to see you creating again! Makes me wish we celebrated Halloween LOL

scrapn said...

This is so absolutely cool! Love what you did!
Kathy

sharonscraps said...

Very cute files!

Donna Mckinley said...

This is one of the best looking halloween frames I have seen. Great job.

Barb said...

Adorable files~~
great job and thanks for the chance at winning the file!

Kathy said...

Sharon....this is so cute!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing frame, Sharon. I love it. So darn cute.
Thanks for sharing and allowing us to try to win this file.



Lynn C.

Lynne W said...

Love all the dimension