Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm Taking A Break!

Just wanted to let all my wonderful blog readers and followers know that I'm taking a break from Scrapping for a while. I'm going to give myself a month away and regather my love of scrapping. I have way to much stuff to just give it up. LOL!

Have you every thought about how much you have invested in your scrap stuff.  DON'T  its scary, LOL.   Just start adding up how much each spellbinders set, Stamp set, paper kit, Cutter Machine you own adds up to. WOW!.  Yep, to invested to just give it up.  LOL!

I have been dealing with a lot of stress, depression and other things.  And have just lost my desire to craft. (I hope some new meds help with that)  I haven't been in my craft room since July 16. Which is really odd for me as I used to be in there every day. I have put my file store on hold for now so I dont miss any orders.

I want to thank the CT girls for all their wonderful creations made working with my files. And for being there to support me though many changes the past few months.   And for their great friendship and hope that continues.  I know they have wonderful new ventures and will be very successful  as all their creations are just wonderful.  Make sure you continue to visit their blogs and support these wonderful crafters.  Lenae, Marie, Michelle


So if you see my post will be pretty slow for a few weeks you know why.  I hope you all enjoy your summer and get more crafting done when the little ones go back to school.

See ya in a few weeks. Oh yeah! Hubby just told me last night he put in for 2 more weeks vacation for the end of the month.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

6 comments :

TonyaKaye said...

I understand quite well. I have been finding myself making excuses to clean the house .. instead of going into my scraproom to work on cards. Kind of scary! Take time to regenerate. Enjoy vacation time with hubby!

Lynn C. said...

Everyone needs time to regroup now and then. I am never home so I feel frustrated a lot too.
Get healthy and spend time enjoying life. I hope the new meds help too,Sharon. You will be missed.

MichelleMyBelle said...

enjoy your time off! Maybe you and hubby can go somewhere when he is off. Let me know when your back.

Diane LeMire said...

I just Googled "lost all my desire to craft" and came upon your site. I guess I wanted to see if I was alone or not with this weird phenomenon of mine. All of my life I crocheted, knitted, did wood crafting, cards, and just about anything I could make. I wasn't happy if I wasn't creating something. I've also been on antidepressants for years. Well a month ago I was changed to Zoloft and even though I felt better emotionally, it was like my creative light went out in my head and I totally lost the desire to craft anything. In fact I started getting rid of all my craft tools because I could never even imagine doing them again. I donated tons of yarn and fabric. I had just recently bought a bunch of expensive stuff to make cards and just loved doing it, but now I don't want any of it anymore. I didn't make the connection at first that maybe it's the Zoloft, but then I started thinking that it had to be so I had my doctor switch me to another antidepressant, Wellbrutrin, which I'm starting today. So I guess time will tell. Good to know I'm not alone. Diane

Just me said...

Just moved several states from where I had been for about 20yrs and am now putting my scrap room back together again. Looking at all I have, I don't even want to think of how much I have invested in this hobby. lol
Breathe deeply and enjoy your time away. We have all been in your shoes at one time or another. It's a struggle sometimes but we get through it and you will too.
Have a great vacation!

Elizabeth said...

I hope you are doing well. We all go through bouts of one thing or another at some time. I hope you find something creative that will inspire you whether it be scrapbooking or another hobby. Either way go out there and enjoy! ((hugs)))