Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Saturday, July 2, 2011

NOW CLOSED "Sparkle, Stripes and Shine" Blog Hop!

Blog Hop Now CLOSED,  Winner posted in the forum here


Thank you all for hopping by and following my blog. I love all the comments. You all make me feel so loved.  Thank you so much. 
Have a wonderful weekend. 


Sharon 




Welcome to the First Every "Flying Unicorn Blog Hop"  The theme is "Sparkle, Stripes and Shine"



If you are here via Raissa's blog, then your at the right place.  If not, then you need to start at the first blog which is Alda's, the owner of Flying Unicorn.  Look below for your last stop.



Here are the rules for the Blog Hop!

1. Blog Hop begins July 2 at 9:00 am Eastern time and ends July 3 at 6:00 pm Eastern time

2. You must be a Follower of  "ALL" Blogs 


3. Post a comment on "ALL" Blogs (Except Alda's Comments are disabled) 


4. Be a Member of the Forum


5.  Post in the blog hop forum thread. 




One person that is a follower and leaves a comment in this post will be chosen by Random.org to win this awesome prize provided by the owner of  "The Flying Unicorn Store"




Now for my project for the "Blog Hop".

I have been needing some thing to hold the stuff I use the most in my crafting area.  My rulers were all over and I got tired of looking for my scissors.  And really needed some thing to hold my heat gun.  So I came up with this cute little project today.



I made this Ruler, Scissor, Pens, Heat gun holder and it works perfect.  Here is what I used.
I used My Minds Eye  "Ooh La La" paper pack. Its super glittery and shimmery. I'm doing every thing in my craft room in these colors.  With this paper line.

You will need Mod podge, Paint brush, some containers, I used a empty roll my vinyl comes on, and cut it in to two different sizes.  And used a Spaghetti can and a smaller can.  they are all about the same size in width, just different height.  On the metal cans, I washed with soap and water, and dried.  Then used a pair of plies to flatten the sharp edges on the rim.

I then used cream colored cardstock to cover the edges, and lined the inside using cream card stock and modge podge.

Then cut my pattern paper to fit each one. Used modge podge to stick the paper to the cans and rolls.

Then used Martha Stewart punch to make the borders, Added green ribbon and yellow square rhinestones.  And cut the titles on my Cricut.

For the base, I got some wood out of my work shop and made a platform for the holders so they don't fall over as the Rulers are tall.  I painted it white, and then hot glued all 4 together, then hot glued to the platform.

Here is the finished project.


I made this a little wider so that I could have space for my glue that I use the most to sit in front.  And it worked perfect.  The Heat Gun is in the metal can, so it wont melt any thing when Im done with it.


I hope you enjoyed my project, it is really useful for me. I love it. 

Now on to your last stop for the Blog Hop! 

 Your last stop is Flying Unicorn Forum. 
You will have a chance to win this SIL SD in the Forum. 

Thank you for stopping by!
Sharon 





41 comments :

Alda Stevens said...

Fabulous Sharon .. love them .... organization is good ...

Cathi said...

What a cute organizer! I have to do this for my evergrowing collection of tools!!

Heidi Bound said...

Creative & functional all at the same time! LOVE IT!

Just me said...

This is great Sharon! I've needed something like for a while now but hadn't been able to find something I like, now the ideas are flowing! Thanks for sharing!

Georgie Horn said...

What a wonderful idea, aren't you a clever lady! New follower thanks to the blog hop!

Sharon said...

Thanks girls, it does work really well, And takes up less space then my spinning tool holder. And its sits right in front of where Im working Its perfect and didnt cost me any thing, Woo Hoo!

Sharon

Sandi Smith said...

Love it...will definitely be using this idea!

kashagray5 said...

Sharon they are perfect organizers! So creative and fabulous!

LolĂ´ Artesanato said...

Fantastic Sharon
I love it!
xx
Leila
leilacassimira@gmail.com

jackie said...

Very creative and the organizers are perfect size! I like how you can decorate each one to match your own room.

Heather said...

I am so NOT organized!! I craft in Chaos!! LOL. I love to collect organizational devices..LOL. I love what you did here! I have some nesquik containers that I hope to recover soon like this! Fabby!! Hugs..xoxo Heather

Kottens corner said...

Great job Sharon, they look so good! Can´t help but loving MME. :)

Debbie said...

Wonderful way to keep organized!!! Love that recycled the cans!!!

Starr said...

Great idea and it save $ too. Love your art and thanks for a great blog hop!

Jun Bug House said...

I need one of those.
No wait, I need ten, at least, of those.
Wonderful project!
Thank you
**U**
Nance
nworley@cox.net

Granny said...

What a great idea. I am going to try this with my granddaughter. She is 10 and needs some way to organize her scrapping things. She will enjoy this. Thanks for sharing.

2amscrapper said...

what a cute project! I especially like the before and after photos!

Rosalie said...

Very nice project. It is very useful.
Congratulations
Rosalie

Kim said...

You just helped me to finalize my idea on how to store my Viva Pearl Pens! Right before hopping to your blog I decided not to throw away some round tins that had chipboard letters in them and I just stored them away. I am going to get them back out again and decorate 2 of them for Pearl Pens. Thank you for the inspiration. I also subscribed to RSMobleys Designs via email. I have problems with Facebook and prefer not to use it if at all possible. I hope this doesn't disqualify me from all the goodies.

Jill said...

You continue to amaze me! I love it and those colors go so well with your room!

CatWoman said...

I love those altered cans. Makes want to re-organize my room :)

genagirl said...

LOL! I love that you've used things from around the house for your project. A person really doesn't need to run out and buy expensive stuff when they are crafty!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is a fun hop. With wonderful artist. I love that your recycled. I love to do that. I have a closet full or oatmeal containers. This is a great idea. Thanks,
Linda

Micupoftea~ said...

creative and useful! Nice idea~ Thx for the chance to win an rak. Hopping onward :)

From The Owls' Nest said...

HOw flippin cute and useful!!! I need about 10 of those to organize myself...HA!!

Sarah-R said...

Wow - what a fabulous idea - I'm always looking for more storage ideas. Gorgeous yet practical - GREAT project!
LOVE your blog graphics- so cute!

sally said...

I'm always looking for ways to 'organize' this scrap room. Thanks for showing an easy way to get more organized.

The Queen Bee said...

Clever way to re use cans that would otherwise end up the trash. I can see how this would really organize a workspace.

SugarGem said...

So crafty. Cool idea. Fingers crossed for the sillhoutte. Wahoo. Lenae

kreationzbyzabrina said...

Sharon,
I am loving your project. What a great way to recycle and organize.
Thanks
Rhonda

Robyn said...

New follower here. What a great project! Thanks for sharing it. Those papers are just beautiful. Now I need to find some empty cans :).

Carla said...

Love your project, so creative. Thanks for the opportunity to win. already a follower.

trishden said...

Hello, I'm a new follower = trishden. I love your project, I love functional are and the use of recycled material. Good Job! Great Inspiration. Thanks for a great blog hop giveaway!

trishden948(at)yahoo(dot)com

Michele Guinn said...

A woman after my own heart is what you are! I have done the same thing to hold my tools for my scraproom, so these "altered" containers are all over the place!

Terese said...

Nice little altered project

Angela said...

Oh...this is too flippin cute! Thank you so much for sharing! I love what you did and will have to try this soon.

Renae said...

Great project idea Sharon! Thanks for sharing and a chance to win!

rpcrafter at gmail dot com

cathy said...

such great ideas. love your site

LISA said...

What a wonderful project!! And very pretty too!! Love your choice of papers!! And a great way to recycle!!

Sharon said...

BLOG HOP NOW ***CLOSED***

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I feel so loved. Thank you for following my blog and hop to see you back soon.


Head to this link in the forum to see if you won.

http://flying-unicorn.socialgo.com/forum/topic/177

Sharon

Juliana T said...

I had to comment on your project and I am doing it today because I had computer problems yesterday and could not finish the hop. Your project is so creative! I love how you recycled these. Great job!

http://julianaspapercrafts.blogspot.com