Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Siblings" July KOM layout

This is my newest layout using the July KOM that is now Sold out.   These kits are first come first serve. No preorders.  So on the first of each month. You need to be up and logged in to the store to grab yours before they sell out.  last month 75 kits were sold out in about 3 days.  Sneak peeks of the AUG kit will be out next week so stay tuned.

Okay, On to my layout.

This is one I used a picture of my 2 children.  In this picture from 1996.  My son was 11 and daughter was 7. They are now 25 and 21.  They grow so fast.


The heart ring is one of my cutter files.  And I used White liquid pearls on the edges. My first time using it and I really like it.  I used some lace on the edges, and then a string of pearls,  


I fussy cut these branches out of one of the papers in the kit and since the main paper already had glitter on it. I used stickles on the leaves and centers of the flowers.  And layered the branches on pop dots.  The velvet butter fly is also in the kit.


The Blue Alpha Metal brads I picked up at Biglots several years ago.  And I used them to spell out "Siblings".  I like how that little pop of blue pulls out the few blue flowers in the paper.


This frame around the picture is from Spellbinders Grand labels.  I used the same paper from the kit. Inked the edges a little and used pop dots to layer them.

This layout is a little busy for my normal "Simple and Elegant" layouts.  But the more I look at it, the more I love it.  

Hope you enjoyed this layout.

Sharon

3 comments :

Micupoftea~ said...

A trip down memory lane....nice fussy cutting, great layering. :)

Kristin said...

Beautiful layout! I am a follower now. Found you on scrapbook.com forum thread. Hope you will do the same and come follow my. brand new blog at www.kristinkottwitz.blogspot.com

rockwelldesigns said...

Beautiful layout! I also like the layering. Love how you framed the kids.