Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Card for MoJo Monday

Today,  I made a new card using the sketch for MoJo Monday from Flying Unicorn.

 
Here is my take on this sketch using the June Kit from Flying Unicorn. I inked all edges with Creamy brown Chalk eye inks.  And I hand punched the holes and hand sewed both layers.  The Oval with Scallop mat is spellbinders.  Flowers are from the June Kit. The Humming birds are a stamp from Inkadinkado. I heat embossed and painted with Pearlex and Future Floor wax. 



This is how I hand punch my card to be able to hand sew it.  I use my Tim Holtz ruler.  And use 2 needles to hold it in place so it dont slide.



If you line it up correctly on the edge of the paper and pay attention to the holes on each end.  when you move your ruler around, you will have a evenly punched card and you just hand sew it.

This is what your finished card will look like, you can either leave it like it is.  Or sew with floss or thread.
Here is how I colored my heat embossed stamped images of the Humming birds.  I take a clear acrylic block to use as my pallet.   I fill a aqua brush with Future Floor Wax.  I drop one drop on the acrylic block, and dip the aqua brush tip in the Pearl Ex and mix it in the drop of wax.  Stir around and paint.  To clean the tip just use some water and  paper towel.  And use your next color.  And wash the Clear blog when your done.

Hope you enjoyed this card and mini tutorial.
Thanks for stopping by,
Sharon

2 comments :

Carla said...

LOVE the cards, super cute.

Cathie in UT said...

Such a lovely card and thanks for the mini tute...you surely have an impressive stash of supplies! LOL