Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June KOM for Flying Unicorn

Woo Hoo!  Today is June 1 and we can now show you this beautiful Kit of the Month for Flying Unicorn.


You get all this in this awesome kit.  Its filled with tons of Papers, Flowers, Chipboard, Pearls, Lace and a adorable Mini album.   This is such an awesome value  You can check out all the details and Items included with this kit on the Store Home page. And you can purchase the June KOM "Treasured Moments".  But you better hurry,  This kit is extremely limited to number in store.  So don't miss out.

Here is my layout I created with this beautiful Kit.


This is a picture of my wonderful FIL and MIL.  This was taken back in 1999.  My MIL now has Alzheimer's which is so sad.  She was a wonderful water color artist and taught classes and had her own gallery and sold lots of pictures.  I have always love her work.  I still have her birthday cards she water colored and sent to me many years ago.  I have them framed. And in my craft room where I can view them every day.


These are a small fraction of the beautiful flowers in this kit.  And you can see the light blue pearls.  The Swirl is chip board included in the kit. I covered with paper from the kit and inked the edges with brown and green Chalk ink.  I took a 2 of the ivory flowers and water misted and crinkled them for a more distressed look. And the little acrylic bird is also in the kit, you get 3 of these.

 Side view of the above Flowers. I looped the light pearl string in and out of the flower cluster and under the chipboard.


 Here are some more of the beautiful hand made flowers included in this kit.  Alda's Hand Made Flowers are to die for.  So beautiful.  I took one of the cream flowers inked the edges just a little and then water misted them to add a little color to match the center rose.  Again, this is another piece of chipboard in the kit covered with kit paper and inked.  The Pearls are also in the kit.


 Side view of the above Flowers.  Cut little piece of the pearl string and hot glued in the flower mix.

 These are just 2 of the 5 miniature words in the kit.  I used Crackle paint on these.


 Here is a close up of the crackle paint, It was the same color as the Cream Bazzill Bling so I used some Adirondack ink to color it so it stands out more.


 Look at this beautiful lace that is in the kit. Its just beautiful. And more of the pearls in the kit. 

And if you wondering about the White frame.  This is one of 3 new file Collections I just added to my store last night.  This one is part of Fancy Mats 1 RM001





This set of Fancy Mats matches my Fancy Borders 1 RM00144 that was in the May Grab bag. If you missed the grab bag. You can purchase this file in my store. I will update the link to that file as soon as its loaded to the store.

I hope you enjoyed this June KOM reveal.  This is the first kit for the Flying Unicorn available to the online community.  And quantity is very limited so don't let it get away.

Quick Shout out.  New VDBC Grab Bags up. And Im one of the Designers in this months bag.  So be looking for post on this soon. But here is the link to grab it. Now. June Grab bag VDBC


Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

2 comments :

Carla said...

Beautiful lay out, love everything about it and the kit is stunning!

Katgurl72-Kylie said...

wow that is a gorgeous kit and you have made a beautiful layout from it!