Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Printers, Wifi and Continuous Ink systems

I'm looking to get a new printer.  I have a Lexmark P4350 and it has served me well for the past 6 or so years.

But I now have windows 7 running on 3 out of the 4 computers running in my home.  And I have tried and tried but can not get the windows 7 computers to print over our home net work to this print.  Because the host computer the printer is connected to is running windows xp.

And, I really hate to spend the cost on new ink carts.  So I have just been getting my cartridges refilled at Walgreen's.  But I'm still stingy with the ink and print on low quality.

I'm looking to upgrade to a new printer by the end of the year so thought I better start looking now.  I need one with WiFi I'm guessing.  So I can print to it from any of the computers in the house with out being hooked up to it.  So that is a must.  

The most important thing is, I'm wanting to add the continuous Inks systems so that in the long run. It will save money and I can print quality things.

I'm looking at Epson,  as I hear they work great.  And the reviews are outstanding.  I don't need a big honking printer or wide format printer.  As I don't do digital scrapping,  And wont print any pictures bigger then 5x7. If ever. lol


Any one have any suggestions as far as these printers or may be suggest a better one.  I'm looking to stay under 200 if possible.

Thanks
Sharon

8 comments :

Just Jaime said...

I wish I knew, but I'd love to hear what others have to say!

Ginger (Games) said...

Hi Sharon! I have a Epson stylus photo 1400 (wide), Dell, Kodak printer dock, and an HP. I hate the Dell, it gives my bad print even in text. Hp does great for most but I have not done photos on it since I have the kodak and Epson for that. I love them both! I also have the continuos ink system for the Epson but not hooked up yet. My cartridges are half full so I'm using them up first. I will tell you when I change to the CIS. I know others love it and I think I will as well. It is costly at first but afterwards it is cheap and easy to refill. Love that! I'd recommend Epson, I've had 2 and loved them both. Old one died after many many years of awesome printing, bought in May or 1996, Died in 2010. Don't skimp on print quality, you'll regret it. Good Luck!

Sharon said...

Oh, that is awesome Ginger, Thanks for the info. Im glad some one I know likes the Epsons. LOL And you have the CIS as well. I will do some checking in to the print quality before I buy. Hopefully some good sales will be coming up soon.

Sharon

jzayler said...

I have the Epson 1400 as well. I love it. It is a wide format printer so it is a little big but that is what I wanted. I didn't think I needed a cutter wider than letter size so I opted for the Wishblade now I wish I had gone with the KNK 13" cut - wasn't going to make that mistake with the printer too. lol

Sharon said...

Thats a really good point. LOL! I know I wet from a Craftrobo to a 13" KNK Maxx.

But I dont think I will be printing any thing 13x19.

So need recommendations on a good regular size printer. By Epson. Im looking at the 725 so far.

Sharon

Lynn C. said...

Sharon, I'm using an Epson Artisan 800 wireless All-in-One. I love it. I am not sure if it can take the ink in the bottles though. I didn't even think to ask because I print all my 4" x 6" pictures on my Epson Picture Mate. I was more concerned about the quality of the pictures. The Pictures from either can be in water for 2 weeks without any damage. I am always amazed by that. The archival ink for the Epson is what sold me on them. Both Epson and Canon were the only ones making archival ink for their printers when I bought the Artisan 800 (the new one is Artisan 835) but now HP has started making archival ink. I have had many printers over time but the one I always come back to is Epson. I'm not going to switch to any other brand again. Love it.
I printed out pictures of my sons first construction project in Chicago as a gift to him... 8 1/2" X 11" pictures. The custom framer couldn't tell that they weren't professional. I can't say enough good about Epson printers.

Sharon said...

Thanks for the reply Lynn. I seen that one earlier today, I will go back and check it out.

Thanks,
Sharon

Jan said...

Hoping you and Smokey are doing well :)
Thanks for the sweet comment on my recipe album :)