Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Preston Layout"

Wow, I went to bed at 4am this morning and got up at 9am.  And Started scrapping.

 I found this beautiful sketch "MoJo Monday" (I know, its Tuesday, but its never to late to work from a wonderful Sketch). I found this on Flying Unicorns Blog.


I love all the details in this sketch.  And here is my take on this sketch with a layout I made today.  This is my grandson Preston,  he is 6 days old in this picture on Feb 13, 2011


I love the colors of this paper,  It matches his blanket with the greens and browns and just a little hint of blue.

Here is a close up of the lace doily I made for the corner.  The center is a bead center piece from Recollections at Michael's. The border is a border punch by Fiskars,  Trisket A Tasket.

These are some flowers from one of my MCS kits.  The one in the center is BoBunny Petals,  And I inked the edges.  The branch leaves is a sizzix die.  And brown sheer ribbon.
This adorable bead butterfly is by Recollections from Michaels.  I love how this turned out.  Its so pretty with all the flowers and butterfly on there.

Things used 


MME "Tres Belle" Pattern papers
MME  "Lush" Ribbon, Chipboard flock letters, Rhinestone brads
Fiskars border punch "Trisket A Tasket"
Recollections Butterfly, Bead Center
BoBunny Petals Flower
Sizzix Branch Die
Other things: Lace, Sewing machine, Score tape, zots, blue, Ink

I hope you enjoyed my newest layout.

Sharon


17 comments :

Lynn C. said...

Sharon, that layout is gorgeous. Your daughter will LOVE it. You outdid yourself on this one.

simplybren said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.What a precious picture and a lovely layout.

Just Jaime said...

Love your take on the sketch! What a cutie! Great colors!

Anna said...

Beautiful embellishments, beautiful layout beautiful baby. Awesome Sharon.

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking!

Shirley Clark

Sharon said...

Wow, you girls are awesome. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments.

Sharon

Caroline said...

I can't believe Preston is over 2 months old now :) what a fabulous layout, I love it! hugs, caz

Alda Stevens said...

Oh my gosh - you made th e sketch come to life !! What an incredible LO ... Love the colors and the corner ribbon flower .. awesome and then some! Its your creative work that is to be admired!

Teela said...

Beautiful L.O.!

Nancy said...

I love the fact bthat you used flowers and lace on a BOY's page! It is perfect and so is Preston. What a sweetie.

MichelleMyBelle said...

so beautiful!! just love all the details

Sue in CT said...

That is one beautiful layout. I love it and I really mean...I love it.

Christy said...

sharon, this a absolutely gorgeous.!!

Cathie in UT said...

Intricate indeed!
Very pretty and it's worth a little extra work for such a darling photo!

Jill said...

Sharon, you have outdone yourself! This Layout should be published!

Sharon said...

Aw! Thank you Jill. Your so sweet to say that.

Sharon

the PaperTemptress said...

Absolutely Amazing layout! All I can say is WOW WOW WOW, looks like you are pretty fond of your new grandson too!!
Patricia
the PaperTemptress