Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Stamps from Cutters Creek and Tutorial

Hello all,

I'm so excited.  I got 3 new sets of stamps that I ordered from Cutters CreekLet me tell you, Kim is the best.  She gets your orders right out to you unless you have a preorder item holding up your order.  She has great prices and sales.  I have purchased a lot from Cutters Creek in the past 2 weeks.

The stamps I bought from Cutters Creek are on sale 65% off.  So they are only $4.55 each.  So I bought all 3 sets.  They are just beautiful.  I have been looking for a good garden set of stamps.  And these are perfect.


"The Quiet Corner Bench"  has a really nice Bench, Cat, Hat, Basket, Book, Gloves and several Flowers and Grass.

"The Gate"  is adorable. It has a Gate, 2 sections of Fence, 3 signs, 3 birds, Latch and Bracket for fence and several Grass and Flowers.


"Wheelbarrow"  Is just beautiful.  It has a Wheelbarrow with a stone rode path underneath and has 3 different seasons of Flowers. 

And the great thing about these stamps are they are mixable.  You can mix all these sets with the others.  I cant wait to create a card or some thing with these.

But for now.  I'm going to show you a tutorial on how I store and add them to my collection of stamps.

What you need:  Your stamps, if Unmounted and not sticky.  You will need some thing like Double sided tape or Aleene's tack it over (I use this), Tim Holtz Scissors (which I love). Either a Label maker or Excel sheet, and a thick DVD case, And don't for get a binder to log your stamps.

First I check my binder,  and you notice, I have a bunch of tabs in here with all my categories.

I want to put these new Garden stamps in the Garden section and see that I have some Wheelbarrow's already. LOL!  But this shows me that they are wood mounted and in Drawer 7 along with the other stamps on this page. (Note, One page per case).  Well, these new stamps are not wood mounted.  And I want to put them in a DVD case.  So I have to go to my excel sheet and see what letter code is available.  Because I don't already have a Letter assigned to a DVD for Garden.

So I start a new sheet for the DVD case.  And I trimmed my rubber stamps and I have enough room for both of these sets in one DVD case. And these stamps are big.  So they fit nice in the Thick DVD cases.  I check for placement first to make sure they all fit.  And they do.  So I take the printed paper that came in the stamps and I cut it out and paste or tape it on to the sheet.  If you don't have a preprinted sheet.  You can just stamp the images on your paper.   I then add the name of the company.  The name of the stamp set and the number of the stamps.  So when I use them, I have all the information handy to post for you all.
I put the Gate set in its own case so now.  If I happen to get more Gate stamps. I can add them to this DVD and just add the images to the page. Super easy.
After I checked my excel sheet, and see that I have Alpha number set I I 1 available.  So I type this in to my excel sheet, And give it the theme of Garden,  and then I put a little description of what is in the set.  I give the 2nd DVD the Alpha Number I I 2.  And Garden, and list it as Gate. Now, that I have this Alpha number started for Garden DVD cases.  It will be easy to add, The next cases for Garden will be marked II3, II4, II5 and so on.

After I get that done and save my excel sheet.  I select the 2 new rows and print > Selection and only print the 2 new entries.  I then cut them down to the strips. Which have been already sized to fit my cases in my excel sheet.  I then take my Xyron 150 sticker maker, and slide the 2 entries in face down.  Why do I put them in face down.  Well, I do this so that the sticky is on the front so I can then put them on the "Inside" of the DVD case so the label never gets dirty or comes off.
Here are my 2 new cases added to my Catalog system and my storage system.  You can see, the Alpha number, then DVD, Garden, And description.  And the label is on the inside of the case spine.
Then in the binder.  I insert the page in the garden section.  And I add the DVD Alpha Number to the top corner.

So now, When I want a garden stamp.  I get my Stamp catalog and I go to the garden section.  And I look at the images and see which one I want.  If I want this one.  I see its in a DVD case.  And its II1.  So I go to my Shelf  and the cases are in order by Alpha Number so It only takes a mere second to find the exact stamp set I'm looking for. No more hunting, and forgetting what I have.
This is just a few of my sets.  In my system.  I also keep my Spell binders like this.  The top row are smaller cases because those are See D's stamps and they come in a CD case.

Here is the link to my Stamp Storage Excel sheet, that will fit the side of the DVD cases.  If it opens, click File, save as.

Super Jewel DVD cases with out liners. Tape Online! .88 each (thanks 4shoppingonly for the tip on the cheaper place)

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

18 comments :

Just Jaime said...

Great system! For now I have so few stamps, I just use my Clip It Up

Sharon said...

Girl! Then now is the time to start this system. The fewer stamps you have the easier it is to get started and you will be good to go from there.

Sharon

Renae said...

This is a great system. I have implemented the same system when you last talked about it. It took a while for the initial set up, but it works GREAT!

Sharon said...

Yes, If you have a lot of stamps. It will take a while to set up. But its so worth it. Glad your using it.

Sharon

Joanne said...

Great idea. What do you do for your wooden Stamps?

Sharon said...

I unmounted most of my wood mounted stamps. But some of the larger ones I left mounted. So those I add to the catalog as well. But they are kept in the white storage drawers. I just assign them a drawer. Like my Garden wood mounted are in Drawer 7. And they have a page of their own. So Every thing on that page is in that drawer.

Does that help?

Sharon

4shoppingonly said...

Sharon,
Thanks for sharing your stamp filing system. I do something similar but adding the binder is a real winner for me. I use cd cases but I like that the dvd cases will hold 2-3 times as many stamps with little additional space needed. I've looked online, but have been unable to find the clear hard plastic type that are empty (no dvd/insert holder) and flat. Where do you purchase yours? Also, what do you use to get the stamps to stick to the case?
Thanks again,
Sharon Iowa

Sharon said...

Hi Sharon

I buy my DVD thick cases from Sleeve City. They are the Super Jewel King DVD Cases. 3rd from the bottom on this link.
http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case-single.shtml

The more you buy the cheaper they are. And the center is really easy to pop out. I show this in a tutorial in my Scrapbook Organization on my blog.

Clear acrylic stamps will stick to the cases and to a clear block by it self. If you have rubber stamps. You can use Aleene's tack it over and it works perfect. Or you can use double sided tape. I dont like the tape. I love the Aleene's tack it over. You never have to restick them.

Sharon

4shoppingonly said...

Sharon,

I looked at those on Sleevetown, but it looked like the back was molded. Glad to see it pops out like the cd cases. I'll go back and purchase a bunch.

I didn't realize that the stamps would stick to the case... I'm using a white insert made for clear stamps that fits right into the cd case. But that's a waste of $$ if the stamps stick to the case :)

Sharon Iowa

Sharon said...

Yes, My See D's stamps come on a white board that fits in the CD cases.

But this way, You only have to use the glue on the rubber ones. The clear already stick to it. And you can use both sides of the case and it closes if you get the thick cases.

Sharon

Sharon said...

Oh, I also keep my Spell binder dies in these cases. I keep the medallions and boarders in one case together. And I can put up to 4 sets in a DVD case. I use magnet sheets for those. They are called AC covers and run about $3 at lowes.

Sharon

4shoppingonly said...

Sharon,
How thick is thick... I've seen 6.9mm 10mm and 14mm? Can you measure yours for me please...
Sharon Iowa

Sharon said...

Mine is 10 cm. Wide in the spine. The case is heavy duty. You know how CD cases are flimsy. These are not. That is why I like them.

Sharon

4shoppingonly said...

Hopefully you mean 10mm :) OK, so here's an FYI. I found the cases w/o inserts for .88 each where at sleeve they're 1.65 because the include the insert. Going to order some now from http://www.tapeonline.com/products/super-jewel-box-cd-dvd-cases-king-size-one-two-jewel-box

Sharon IA

Sharon said...

Thanks for the link on the cheaper ones with out the inserts. They should ship cheaper as well with out the inserts.

And I looked at them, and I believe they are the exact same ones. So you should be good.

As for the size, I measured with my ruler that has CM not MM.

Let me know if you need info on how to catalog them.

Sharon

CherylM said...

When you say that you unmounted your wooden stamps, how did you do that and make them repositional to use with the clear blocks? I have a lot of wooden stamps and would love to store them the way you have yours.

Sharon said...

Okay, I will work on a blog post for unmounting wood mounted stamps. And get that posted later today.

I will take some pictures and stuff to help yall out.

Sharon

Jill said...

I have transferred my stamps to Sharon's system in the past few months and I have to say it's the best and most efficient way to keep everything in usable, nonchaotic order. I swear by it. I had over a 1000 stamps that now happily live in the DVD jewel cases and I've unmounted all my SU stamps and wooden stamps. It's a wonderful feeling of freedom and ease of use! Thank, Sharon!