Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Monday, April 25, 2011

Copy and Paste to MTC in Windows 7

Woo Hoo!

I'm doing the happy dance here.  I have always had a problem with the copy and paste of my KNK file or any thing else for that matter in to MTC  (Make the Cut) software.

I have tried every thing from Right click copy and paste, and Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V and the File Option Copy and paste.  And nothing has worked.

I have read on the net that Windows 7 running 64 bit has clipboard issues with the copy and paste.

So I posted on the MTC yahoo group and there were a couple of suggestions but nothing worked.

But then, Brenda of  Simplybrenhavingfun blog
Told me to try the Snipping tool in Windows 7 and use the pixel trace > Paste function.   And OMGosh!  it worked.

So this is what you do. 

Open the item you want to copy and click on the snipping tool.  (I dont know where its located but I did a search, and when it found it. I selected add to the start button so its in my list now)

When your snipping tool window pops up. Click on the drop down arrow next to "New"  and select an option.  I use the "Rectangular Snip" and use your mouse to make a rectangle around your image to copy.

With that window still open, minus it down and open MTC and click on the Pixel trace (Curved line with the 4 blue squares) and select paste and you should now see your image.   You will need to play with the threshold and other settings to get your image complete.  But it works.

Hope this helps others that have issues with copy and paste in MTC and Windows 7.

Thanks Brenda for your help.

Sharon

No comments :