Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wedding layouts "Parents Dance and Reception"

Whew!  I'm done with my Daughters album.  And I'm going to run it over to her tomorrow.  And also see my Grandson for my visit this week. And of course get some new pictures. Hopefully Preston will be away so I can get some pictures with his eyes open. LOL!   That little man sleeps 6 hours at a time. Eats and goes right back to sleep.   I bet he does that until his original Due date next Monday.  By then he will be 5 weeks.

Okay, back to the Wedding layouts.  There are several in this post.  5 layouts actually.  Here are the first 2.

 Again, I used one of Becky Flecks Page Maps.  This one is dated 8 / 2010.  This is my take on the Sketch,  I used  more DCWV Luxury stack

Wedding Layout "Father & Daughter Dance"  I used the Fiskars boarder and corner punch for these frames.   I will have a tutorial on that in a few days. I added green pearls to the corners.  And the roses are from my 3D Flower Collection.

Wedding Layout "Mother & Son Dance"  This one is almost identical to the left layout.  I just flipped the scalloped side so its now on the right.


January Sketch Challenge on the VDBC.




This is actually the first layout I did. I did this last year for the January 2010 Sketch Challenge at the VDBC.  The file for this is still available.  I Made the flap that opens so that She can add all the guest names or more pictures inside.  I created the lace up the side. So it opens .


These are several pictures from the reception.  I ordered these in wallet size, so they would fit the frames.  I cut 3 of the one set of frames that are all attached, and flipped them, So that I could use a lot of pictures on this layout.  Let me tell you,  Those kids had a great time with all their country line dancing.  It was fun to watch them having fun.   And my daughter danced all night in her gown.   After the reception ended about 9pm.  All the kids headed over to one of the groomsman's houses for a After Party.  They had a big bonfire and ate a ton of strawberries from the fields.



This is the last layout.  18 in total.  This one I did a little different colors.  but still from the same Luxury stack.  I used another Fiskars punch called "Rope"  How fitting for this layout right. LOL!  I knew I was going to use that for this layout. to give it that country feel.   The guys are in their cream shirts with pearl snaps on the front. And their boots.  And of course their Jeans.   And then there is my Daughter still in her dress. And she put on her boots later in the reception.  And then the beautiful bridesmaids put their boots on as well.   If you can tell by now.  They kids are just "A Little Country" LOL!.


And to finish off the album.  I wanted to put the invitation I made for them in the album.  But ran out of pages.  So I just adhered it to the inside front of the album.  Its the first thing you see when you open it.

Well, that's it for the Wedding album.  I will be back with a tutorial and make sure you stop back by on Friday.


If you have little one's  then you will for sure want to check out the March Grab bag.  I'm one of the designers in this months grab bag.  And I just love all these files for Kids.  I think you will like them as well.  You can find the link to the March Grab bag here.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

6 comments :

The Scrappy Cottage said...

What a gorgeous wedding album you did for your daughter. I know she will love it.....

Lisa Avolio said...

Beautiful job, Sharon. What an accomplishment! Love all your special touches.

Lynn C. said...

You did a fantastic job on your daughter's wedding album. This is a keepsake that she will cherish and look at often. I'm still amazed at how quickly you put them together. Even with your headaches and "life" interfering. Great Job, Sharon. You should be VERY proud of yourself.

Sharon said...

Thank you girls. I love all your wonderful Comments

Lynn, You know It took me a year and 3 days, to do this book. Thats a long time. but glad I was able to get it done.

Sharon

Jill said...

The final product is a work of art, Sharon. I hope they will treasure it always. The whole event, from the planning of the wedding site to this recap of that beautiful day was absolutely stunning! Melissa and Hector are so lucky to have you!

Sharon said...

Thanks Jill.

Now on to making Grand baby pages. LOL!

Sharon