Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wedding Layout "The Cake"

I bet y'all are glad I'm almost done with these Wedding layouts.  I know, I'm ready to move on to other things. And design new files.  And work on my other project. More on that soon.

Here is the layout I did yesterday.  I love Becky Fleck Page maps.  So I used another one  for this layout.  This one is from May 2010




This is my take on the Sketch.  Still using DCWV Luxury stack, I'm just about out of this paper from 2 stacks. So having to get creative with the paper I have left.  So this sketch helped with that.  I only had one sheet of this bazzill cardstock left and one sheet of this brown shimmery paper so this worked perfect.  I cut both in half and Adhered both to the thin white paper that comes in the Album pages.  Then used Martha Stewart punch Infinite Loop Double edge punch for the center.   To cover the center seam where the two papers meet.

I then thought the boarder looked plain. So I had to bling it up a little. LOL!. 


I used a white ribbon and laced it up the center.  It reminds me of the back of my daughters Wedding Dress.  Then I added some rhinestone flowers and added a green rhinestone to the centers.  And added Pearls in the middle of those.    You can see the little photo corners.  I had added those at last minute. The pictures looked like they needed some thing. So I designed a cute photo corner with a heart.  I cute them small so they wouldn't over power the photo.  I added a small pearl to the heart centers.  I think it looks perfect now.

This is the second page. I put these in order that they happened.  And wow, Did they make a mess.  All his friends told him to put the cake in her face. She asked him not to and his mom asked him not to.  But, he didn't listen.  But Luckily my daughter is a good sport and got him back. LOL!  And it ended with cake all over the place and a smile on both their faces. LOL!

Here is a journal tag for her to fill out after I give this to her.  I used a journal stamp and used spellbinders to punch it out.  I added green rhinestones and tiny white pearls to the corners.

I did 2 more layouts today, but when I was uploading the pictures. WOW!  I noticed I spelled one of the titles wrong.  Man, how could that happen! Jeez!   I had cut all of these titles several months ago.  And now I don't have the paper so I need to run and find some tomorrow.  Or change both titles on the page.  So I will post those next after I get the title changed out.

So come back soon, 
Sharon

1 comment :

Penny Duncan Creations said...

OMG!!!!!! There are NO words to describe just how GORGEOUS your daughter's wedding scrapbook is you made for them......It is absolutely breathtaking!!!! I love all the detail you've done and your eyes just travel around the page taking it all in.....What a blessing your daughter has received....this is most definately a priceless treasure!!! GO GORGEOUS!!!!!