Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Go Green" Challenge, "Thinking Of You"

I'm hosting my monthly challenge at the VDBC and for March, The theme is "Go Green" as in the color.  So here is my card for my challenge.


My challenge for March is to use Green, White and or Cream. So I have a Cream cardstock for the card, And the sentiment on the front and inside.   I then used green pattern paper from Fancy pants "Happy Together"  green paisley is "Always" and the one with the birds is "Grin"  I sewed the edge with sage green thread.  And the Ribbon is also sage, it was from one of my MCS kits.  


I stamped the image with Just rite stampers "Thinking of you " set.  And heat embossed with Cream and gold glitter embossing powder.  And then cut it out with spellbinders Ovals.  Used L3 for the first layer, S4 for the green layer and L4 for the frame cream layer that is also embossed.  I also used sage ribbon from my stash for the center, and I had a slim piece of paper trimming left, and it fit perfect in the center of the ribbon,  And used 2 gold brands to finish it. After I sewed the edges.  I used a TH edge distresser and rippled the edges a little.  All ovals are mounted on Pop dots. 

The inside matches the paper and ribbon on the front. 

Notice I'm still having camera issue, I'm trying all kinds of settings with the white balance and this still isn't right. 


Thought y'all would like to see little Smokey checking out my sewing job on this card.  I was reaching for the scissors and she poked her head though.  Good thing I was done.  Jeez!


Other Reminders:

VDBC March grab bag (I'm one of the designers)  Only avail able till next thursday

Blog Candy   You have till next Thursday to comment and become a follower, and post the blog candy some where.  You can leave up to 3 comments. One for each thing


Sharon

6 comments :

Sue said...

Very pretty card!

Teela said...

Sharon, I love that green card an how you made the ribbon ruffle! Green is my fave color! Thanks for sharing this!

Teela said...

I forgot to tell you that yes, I've got your blog candy posted on my blog: http://coffee24tea.blogspot.com and yep, I'm a follower!

Noelle's Corner said...

I just LOVE your card, and thanks for the chance for some yummy blog candy. :) :) :)

Noelle's Corner said...

I am a follower!!!

jzayler said...

I love how curious cats are. It's what makes them so cute.