Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Toilet Paper Roll Mini Album

Remember I posted I was working on a mini album for my challenge I'm hosting at the VDBC. Feb Monthly Challenge "Recycle It"  

Well here is my Recycled project.  And I just love, love, love how this turned out.

I made this mini book for my daughter.  And her new baby. " Preston Meets the Family"  is heat embossed.  I used Fancy Pants Paper for this mini album.

This is a side view of the ribbon un wound.  I used this Fancy pants line of paper because I just love the blue and brown,  I did her baby shower in blue and brown.  And they are very country so the colors are perfect.

Delivery day, My beautiful grandson arrived 5 weeks early and healthy so he was able to come home after 2 days.  The photos above are when he was one hour old.

My beautiful daughter and her husband holding Preston.  This is the 2nd day. They were able to hold him after he spent some time in the warmer to get his temp back up.  And after they got his sugars level out.

Preston 6 days old.  5lbs and so tiny.  He is wearing Preemie sleepers and you can see how big they are on him.  And on the Right is my son holding his nephew for the first time.

This is me holding my grandson on the 2nd day at the hospital. This is the first time I got to hold him. And On the right is my husband holding Preston for the first time when he came home on the 3rd day.

 This is my Son-in-laws parents holding Preston on the 2nd day for the first time as well.

 And here is the mini album untied and you can see all the tags inside the pockets. These can be used for more pictures or journaling.

I used flattened Toilet paper rolls for the pockets, Punched holes, covered with paper, and glued the bottom end closed.  And punched holes and used grommets.  And my free file in the post below.  For the Hole reinforcements on each page and for the tie around on the front, I cut 6 of them and blued them together, mounted on round pop dot, and punched a hole for the brand. And covered the inside with tape so the tag can slid in with out getting caught.

Hole Reinforcement file can be found on the Free File tab at the top of my blog

I plan on making another one,  Gramma's brag book.  LOL!   So I will take pictures and post a tutorial as with this one was the first I ever made and was just winging it as I went and totally forgot to back up and take pictures. Jeez!.

Well, I hope y'all like my Mini Toilet paper roll album as much as I do, I think its just adorable.

What I used:
Pattern Paper: Fancy Pants "Happy Together"
Cardstock: Recollections
Rhinestones: Recollections
Glitter Adhesive Dots: Recollections
Glitter Adhesive Flourish: Recollections
Punches: Fiskars Diamond, Rope punch,  and Corner rounder punch
Stamps: Justrite Trompe Script 50 and Times New Roman 25
Embossing Powder: Detail Black.
Spellbinders: Curved Rectangles, Ovals.
Adheasive: Scotch Quick Dry Glue, ATG gun gold tape.
Other items: Book rings, Ribbons, Beads, Grommets, Pop dots.

Oh, Hey,  Have y'all seen the new Gallery at the VDBC forum.  OMGoodness!  Its so cool, so fast, and so easy to use.   So if you have pictures posted there already.  Sign in, upload a new picture and it will bring over all your other pictures.  And this one, you can have as many pictures as you want, you can vote on other pictures.  You can tag your picture in other albums like the designers file you used or the challenge or sketch you did the project for.  And you can look at some ones album and watch it as a slide show.  Its super cool!
So make sure you stop by and check it out.


10 comments :

Penny Duncan Creations said...

You are So right....it DID turn out STINKIN CUTE!!!! I LOVE making the TP books....they are super super cute!!!!!!! GREAT job ma'am!!!

Sue aka barracudasue said...

I love, love, LOVE the way your project turned out, Sharon! It is SO cute! I'm going to have to try this one! :)

jzayler said...

Very cute!!!

Sharon said...

Thank you Ladies for your wonderful comments. They mean so much to me. Lets me know others appreciate my crafty things.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Love it! What a clever idea! Love the colours and designs. Great Job

Lynn Barwald said...

Love your idea, Sharon! It's adorable!!! I have to start saving toilet rolls now!!! Thanks for sharing. Lynn B

Marie said...

It's a nice idea...

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Oh my gosh this is so amazing. what a wonderful job you did. So glad for the post at scrapb.com so I could find your wonderful blog. Now one of your newest followers.....

Sharon said...

Thank you all for such awesome Comments.

And thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. It really means a lot to know other like your blog.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea!! Love it! Thanks for sharing.