Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Friday, February 18, 2011

Baby Nursery Projects

My daughter is doing my grandsons room in "Forest Friends" By Carters And there isn't a lot out for this set.  So I thought I would make some thing unique for my grandsons room.

Here is the first thing I made.  The Forest Friends line does not carry a picture for all the animals in this set.  It only carries 2 of the 6 animals.  So I thought I would make a picture collection of all 6 of the main animals.

I found this frame at Michael's for 19.99 and it was on sale for Buy one get one Free. So I got both, And one I used to make to match the baby's nursery.  And the other I am giving my daughter to put baby pictures in. 

I used Recollections Card stock (from Michael's) for this. I love how that card stock cuts.  And for those on a budget.  look for it when its on sale.  I just seen some new collections of this card stock so I'm waiting for a sale to get some of the new stuff.

Any way. Matched all the colors of the blanket and valance and used those colors for the back ground, and for the animals.  I think this turned our super cute and unique.  They don't sell this so she has a one of a kind which makes it special.  I used my Grand Calibur (love that thing as well)  and my Cuttle bug embossing folder "Forest Branches"  to emboss the back colors and brown mats.  Because the set has branches and trees in it so I thought it was perfect.  And it added to the plain back ground behind the animals.

Next I made a matching clock for the nursery. They don't have a clock in this set. So I made one for the nursery. You always need a clock to keep track of times for feedings. So now they will have one that matches.

I used 4 of the animals from the set for the 3,6,9,12 numbers.  And I cut several of the mushrooms from the set to the numbers in between.   And in the center is the tree from the same set.  I used bazzill for the blue and brown and Recollections card stock for the rest of the shapes so it matched the other animals in the first picture.   And if you look close, you can see on the second hand.  I placed the little bird from the set and it goes around and flies though the tree.  I alcohol inked the silver hands in a dark brown to match the tree trunk.     My daughter and every one at the shower loved these. They are so special because no one else has these. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing my special projects for my new Grandson. But Please do not ask for these files.  I can not and will not pass them on because Carters is copyrighted and I made these for my own personal use.  I hope y'all understand. 

Creative team call:  I have gotten several replies to my CT Call, But I'm just reminding y'all.  You have till next Friday to apply. I will announce the winners on Saturday Feb 26. 



Thanks for stopping by:
Sharon

9 comments :

OmaGloria said...

They are so so cute Sharon. Love the matching clock also.

Sharon said...

Thank you Gloria. I love all the amimals, But I love the clock the most. I have a thing for making clocks. lol.

Sharon

Brenda said...

You did a wonderful job. I love that we, as crafters can make one of a kinds and they are special keepsakes. Great job

Caroline said...

You have done a great job Sharon! well done. Love that clock and thankyou for sharing your pics

Gonne said...

They look lovely Sharon and I think having something unique is great.

Nancy said...

So adorable! Glad baby is doing well!uorivi

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Oh how precious!!!!! I know she will treasure them!!!! Congratulations Grandma!!! Happy to hear mama and baby are healthy!!!

Sharon said...

Thanks every one. I will see if I can get a new picture in a couple days. He is always sleeping when I see him, He sleeps for 6 hours at a time, which isnt a bad thing for him momma, but is for me, he is never awake when im there. lol.

Sharon

Christy said...

Sharon, i love it, post pics of the baby, i wanna see him.