Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Recipe layout "Fudge"

I have been working on a lot of scrapping things lately.  And one of them is my "Favorite Christmas Recipe Book" 

And this year I didn't have my Daughter to back with as she has now moved in to her new house.  So I spent a few days with my good friend Jill.  And we had a blast baking all kinds of goodies and swapping recipes. 

She showed me how to make a few things, and I showed her how to make some.  We had a great time. Here is one of the 6x6 layouts I made the other night.


The paper is from one of my favorite Christmas lines. Figgy Pudding by Basic Grey , Red card stock is Bazzill and so is the green.  On the green the punched border is by Fiskars  "A Tisket A Tasket"  (Boarder & Corner Punch) I love the look of removing the outer edge. I did a tutorial on that here. 

Red Poinsettia and leaves are from Prima Colypso Tin Poinsettia I added Sulyn Glitter glue on the edges of the poinsettia, I love the look of glitter on the edges.  With a gold tiny brad in the middle.

Next, I used a strand of tiny pearls I got in the dollar section at Joann's.  To make the swirls.  I too a piece of green tape, it has a low tack.  And I swirled the pearls on the tape.   And then used Fabric Tack Glue on the pearls sticking up and then applied the tape to my layout, and removed the green tap.   And in the centers I added a Rhinestone from Michaels dollar section.  And the two little red birds are chipboard from Bo Bunny Noel Collection.  This is such a beautiful line of paper, but then isn't all Bo Bunny paper just beautiful.

Well, this is all for now.   Next I will have a Wedding layout to show you. Need to wait for the sun to come up tomorrow to get a better picture.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

2 comments :

scrapy1 said...

Beautiful layout!
Sharon do you mind sharing the recipe?
Kathy B OH

Sharon said...

Thank you for your comment. Here is the recipe "Kraft Original Fantasy Fudge"

http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/recipe191.fantasy-fudge.html

My Husband is a fan of the old Hershey fudge you cook on the stove for an hour stiring the whole time. But he actually likes this one better now. And this one is fast and easy, I made it with peanut butter chips and it was awesome.