Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mini Chocolates Box Tutorial

Have you bought the Dec Grab Bag yet?  If not, don't worry you still have a 2 more weeks to grab it.  This is a $35 value and if you buy it before the end on Dec.  You only pay $7.  So dont let this get away.

I have 3 Christmas project in  there for you.  To help you finish up those last minute holiday gifts.  I already showed you the 3D ornaments that are so cute.
This file is now available RM00113 3D Ornaments
I also used that same file to make this super fast cute Christmas Card.  And the Free title "Joyous Noel"
is still posted at the VDCB forum. You must be a member to download it.  So please registers and check your conformation email.  Make sure to tell Chris that Sharon of RSMobleys Designs sent you.  So she knows to approve you.
Card made using my file RM00113 
Then I showed you my Second file in the grab bag.  "Let it Snow" Christmas Luminary.

This file is now available RM00115 Let it Show Luminary
And now, I'm going to show you the 3rd file I have in the grab bag.  This one is super handy and really cute as well.   This one can be used as many things.   Are you Ready!   Here it is along with a tutorial.

This file is now available RM00114 Miniature Chocolates Box

This is a super cut box I designed for my husband.  He dont like the Nuggets but he loves those little Miniatures candy bars, you know the ones that come in the mixed bags that have 4 different kids in them.  So I made this little box for him for Christmas.  And the great thing is.  This one has a window and you can use the cut our for your gag, Yay! How great is that.

And get this.  I tried it and Gift cards fit in here as well.  So this makes a great gift box for any holiday.  Also you can use it for Jewelry box or any thing small.  You never have to buy a box again.   If you purchase this grab bag or file when it goes to store.  It comes with full instructions on where to fold and score.  So its really easy.

First you cut all your pieces.  I have added all the pieces you need in the file. So no guess work on these.  Assemble you box bottom and top.  (Again, I have detailed instructions in the file and you get those when you purchase)
I had cut this out of pattern paper first and then decided I wanted it a little more sturdy.  So if you dont use a sturdy paper at first. Not to worry.  You can fix that.  I just cut another top and bottom box from the file and put it together and slid it inside the pattern paper one.  it will be a tight fit, but its nice and sturdy now.  I added glue to the sides in between both just to make sure they didnt come apart.
With the top, I wanted to make sure the hole met up perfectly. So I put adheasive on the top around the hole. and attached the pattern paper.  and then started attaching the sides.
Do the end flaps last. And your finished box is ready for the window.
I save all the flat clear acrylic from my cuttle bug folders and backs of other things I buy.  Because they are great to reuse.  Like for this. I cut one to the side of the top of the box.  I then used my Snowflakes Embossing folder and ran it though the cuttle but and got this cool embossed effect. Think how perfect that will be with other embossing folders like birthday, Weddings folders. Thank you folders. So many uses.
Then I used a little clear adheasive and attached it to the inside of the box.


 This box will hold 8 of the Miniatures Chocolate bars.  I already have all the parts in the file.  so you just select those and cut. No need to copy and past and make more.  Select any 2 papers you like.  I chose a green cardstock to go with my red and green Christmas paper. I assembled all 8 of these first.
Wrap each paper around your little Miniature chocolate bar and use a little adheasive or clear tape to hold it.

Here you can see that they fit perfect for 4 X 2 high for total of 8.  And the cut out from the top makes a great tag.

Here is the finished Miniture Chocolates box. All wrapped with a bow and I stamped with a Christmas stamp on the front, and wrote To: and From: on the other side.

These are perfect for stocking suffers.  Office gifts and don't forget.  Gift cards fit in this. And you can use for any holiday or  occasion.  So dont let this great value for a total of 9 files for $7 slip by.  You only have 2 weeks left to get the DEC GRAB BAG! 

Well, I'm off to make more covered pretzels as my son and husband ate all the ones I made last night and I need some for the goodie baskets for some friends.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and love the files.

Happy Holidays and Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

1 comment :

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [15 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria