Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Saturday, December 4, 2010

3D Ornament File RM00113 Tutorial


As you know.  I'm one of the 3 designers in the December Grab Bag.  This is one of my 3 Files I'm going to show you.  And I absolutely love how these turned out.  And just so you know how to put them together.  I'm going to show you a tutorial on them.

And just know that you can use these either just one piece and use them on a card with a cute Ribbon. Like they are hanging.  Or you can cut 2 and make them double sided or You can cut 3 and make them 3D or 4D or 5D, you get the picture.  Be as creative as you like.  I added glitter glue and beads to bling them up.


I have put 3 different ornaments in this one file.  And this is one of them.  I used a pretty dotted Christmas paper.  In the finished picture above. I used the same color glitter glues on each of the dots. So it has some real bling.  and you can see the beads I used for the center. I had these in my craft box so just used these. For this one I duplicated the shape and cut 3. So this one is 3D.  I folded down the center with my Score pal. and folded.


I used Aleene's Tacky glue. to glue all but the last sides together.  I stung my beads on a pretty thread. And positioned it in the center. And put the thread in the crease of the paper.  I then added glue to the center with the thread to help it stay. 
And also tied a knot at the top so it wont slip.  And Glued the sides together.


I cut the top part out of a gold shinny paper. and glued the on one at a time. You can see here, is the last side, and make sure the thread is all the way up as well.

This shows you that all of them go together the same way. I had already put the first one together so its not in the picture. But it goes together the same way.


And here is the final picture.  I just love these, when you hang them the just spin so pretty.  They would look great on our Tree, hanging in your Office or Class room with every ones name on them.  On your light over our Chrismas dinner table.  They are super easy to make and put together.  Use some pretty pattern paper and bling them up.

Right now for the Month of Dec.  The only place you can get this file is in the Dec Grab Bag.  After that, it will be in store in January.  At a higher price then you will pay if you buy this grab bag from now till Dec 31st. You get this file my other 2 files and 6 other files from 2 designers. For a total of 9 files for $7.  That's only $ .78 a file.  It will be a lot more then that in the store in January so don't let this value get away.

I will show you my 2nd file soon.

I hope you enjoyed my file and tutorial.  My files are available in AI, KNK, GSD 2.4 , SVG and WPCv14.  And yes my files work with MTC and other software that cuts to the cricut.   If you need a different file type. Please let me know.  I will do what I can to get you the right file type.

If your looking for the VDBC Newsletter, Don't worry, You didn't miss it.  I will post the link as soon as its comes out in a few days.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

2 comments :

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [05 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Kathy Serrahn said...

awesome ornaments