Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snowman Slider Card Tutorial

                                     
This is my first Slider card and I'm really happy how it turned out.  I used my files RM00103 "December Snowman" file from the Calendar Months I made for my Perpetual calendar.  And the title is from my file RM00117 "Seasons Greetings Card".  


I used Glossy Accents for the water, Puffy paint for the snow ring around the water. 2 Pennies, Thick foam dots or tape. Cutter blade, heat gun,  Your card base, and all the pattern paper and your cut images.

Most of it is pretty easy, You assemble your image pieces, and put your pattern paper on your card. And then look at how you want to arrange the rest.  And do a dry run with the card. So you can check for placement.  I also ran my snow drifts though the cuttle bug with the swirl embossing folder.  Then I made an extra piece to match the first because, of the embossed paper, I wanted to make sure the penny slides okay.

Next, you want to take your 2 pennies and put a piece of foam tape or a square foam dot on the center of the penny.  And measure how wide you need to make the slider opening.  Put thick foam squares or scraps along the edges.  And make sure you put the penny with the foam square on it, in the slider slot. and make sure it slides and clears all adheasive and foam.  If it does. Then attach the plain piece on so you dont see the penny or the foam .


Okay, has to snap a picture of Smokey.  She was napping on my paper while I was working on my card. She is so cute.

After you put the back piece on, then just attach it to the front of your card.  And then put your little image on the penny.  I used a thick piece of foam square for the pennies. So I was able to use puffy paint and glossy accents on the water and it clears just fine.  I used Glitter Glue on the snowflakes on the paper. and Foam dotted the 2 little trees and the snowman.    I just love how this turned out.  My husband and son loved it as well.

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

6 comments :

OmaGloria said...

Sharon your card is so so so CUTE!!! I love it!!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [01 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

BlueCat said...

Smokey is really too cute! And your card is very well done!

Tina M said...

awesome & cute card!Thank you for the how to's !!! :)

K Andrew said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE! I love it!

Sue aka barracudasue said...

I LOVE your file but making it a slider is genius! TOOOOOO cute, Sharon!

LOVE the picture of Smokey, too. My cat does the SAME thing. ROFLOL