Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Friday, November 26, 2010

Clickable Signature Line In Thunderbird Email

Do you have problems getting your Email Signature in Thunderbird to have click able links.  To like your blog, Your business website , Facebook or any thing else.

Well, it was a real bugger for me and after a lot of Internet searching.  I finally found some directions and decided to pot this here on my blog for others and as a reminder for myself.  Yep. I have a bad memory, some days worse then others.  So this is a good place for me to post stuff just so I can find it later. So if it helps you as well,  hey,  that is a double benefit. LOL! 

So here we go, In as simple steps as I like to do it.

1.  Open your Thunderbird email and click "Write Mail"
And in the body of the email type what you want.  Like your name and the name of your links. ( Change Fonts, Size and Color now).

Example:

Sharon Mobley

RSMobleys Designs Blog
RSM D Facebook
My Files at VDBC Forum

 And select the line of words and click the "Picture" up in the tool bar above your email text box and select "Link"  and you will see your words and a line to paste your link.  And hit OK.

2.  Click any where in the email text box and Ctrl + A ( this will select all your Signature)

3.  While that is selected go up to the Tool bar and select INSERT > HTML .  You will see a box with all kinds of codes for the text selected in step 2.  With that box up hit Ctrl + A, (it will highlight all) then Ctrl + C (it will now copy to clipboard).  And CLOSE  do not insert

4. Up top on tool bar. Go to TOOLS > ACCOUNT SETTINGS . Click on your email and see a box with your name and email address and under that a box.  SIGNATURE TEXT.

Check the box above it "Use HTML" this will allow you to insert your Signature in there.  So Click in the box and Ctrl + V to paste.  And Click OK.  the box will close.

Now to test.  Close that email .  Don't save.   And open a new email.  Write. and email this to yourself.  Enter YOUR email address.  Add a subject like Test New Signature.  And type some thing in the body like, "Check click able links in Signature.   This is how I remember what I'm doing, Yes, no memory and short term. LOL. 

You should also see your new signature at the bottom.  But you want to test the click able links.  So send and check your email.  Open it, and click each line and see if they are what you want.  If so,  Congrats.  You did it.

If not, Start from the beginning.  Its not really a lot once you do it a couple of times. 

I hope this helps others with Thunderbird email.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

3 comments :

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [29 Nov 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Ah!!! at last I found what I was looking for. Somtimes it takes so much effort to find even tiny useful piece of information..

evansste said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I, too, was frustrated getting my clickable signature to work. It turns out that all I needed to do was test it by E-mailing myself. The link is only clickable once the message has been mailed. It's not clickable when composing the message. Because it wasn't clickable when composing, I thought something wasn't working correctly. Thanks again for your help.