Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bride & Grooms Family Wedding Layout

Hey yall,

Im trying to get back in to the crafting mood,  I am getting as far as getting some layouts done which is odd for me, as im not much of a scrapper but a card maker.  Funny thing is, I havent made any cards in a while.  So why not try scrapping.  Right!

I think im doing pretty good so far this year, these 2 layouts make 10 for  me in one year, Goodness, that is the most I have ever done. LOL!  I usually do maybe 2 or 3 a year. LOL!  Told you, im not much of a scrapper, Im trying to change that with the first grand baby due in 22 weeks.  Im so sure, I will have tons to scrap.

Here is my next set of layouts, I actually like this one, and yes it took me 3 days to do it, I get to a point and cant figure out what else to add.  And since im not in a file designing mood for 2 months now,  I just used some cuttle bug and sizzix diecuts and it worked out pretty good. And I used Becky Fleck's Page Maps Sketch, this one is January 2010.  (3rd one down on this page) It was a single layout, so I just reversed it. To make it a double layout.


This is the left side, "Brides Family" Top picture is Me on the left, My Son Matthew behind me, Bride & Groom, And my husband on the Right.  Bottom picture is My Brother on the Right and his wife on the Left,  We were the only family from our side at the wedding.


This is the "Grooms Family" Top picture is Hector's dad on left, Mom, Bride & Groom and Hectors 2 sisters on the Right.   The bottom picture are really good friends Hector considers family, he has know then since he was a small boy, and the gentleman on the right is also his boss.  These are the only family members from Hectors side at the wedding,  Yes, It was a wedding for friends of both and we were very lucky to be there. LOL!


This is how I had originally made the double layout, but when I put it in the album, I put in in on the wrong sides. So now, Grooms in on the left, and Brides on the right, so now the pictures meet in the middle, and you know, I actually like it like that. 


Here are some close ups of what I used.  The big cream flower is from Dollar tree, and the green Hydrengia is from Joanns.  The green leaves are sizzix is called Branchesw/Leaves. Rhinestone centers are from dollar section at Joanns.  Journal circle is a stamp. not sure by who.  I used Oregano Adirondack ink and Spell binders plain and scalloped circles to punch it out. and a tiny cream bow.  The tan boarder is Fiskars rope boarder Punch,  Ribbon is from dollar tree,  Photo corners are cuttle bug die cut. With green Rhinestones on the corners from Michaels dollar section. Bazzill and Luxury stack from DCWV.

This is how I got the shading on the leaves. I have had this thing for a while but never used it, it works pretty good.  Its called Fantastix by Tsukineko  It works great to pick up ink and shade just the edges of things like the leaves. And I found it was easier to leave the diecut in its shape, and ink it then remove it. 

Hope you like my layout, I actually like this one.  I think I'm getting better with each one.

Now need to work on 3 new files for the blog hop 2nd Anniversary party with lots of gives aways and prizes. So make sure you stop by my blog and the VDBC forum this Friday-Sunday. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

2 comments :

K Andrew said...

Sharon! this layout is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely love the bracket shaped mat, the flowers layered in the corners, the lace--this looks like a Prima layout--just beautiful!

Sharon said...

Thank you for the awesome comment Kristal. And telling me what to call that mat, I created it but for the life of me didnt know what to call it. LOL!

Hugs,
Sharon