Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, July 8, 2010

How to make a Rainbow in KNK

 /
I was a little stuck on how to go about making a rainbow in KNK.  So got to thinking about the shape of a rainbow.

Really its just some curved rectangles. But how would I go about getting the lines at the bottom to all be the same with out using the ginsu knife, or having to mess mess with nodes and curving the lines. By converting to poly arc.

So I got to thinking about it, and bam, I did it, super easy.

Here is how I did it:

You make a long rectangle using the shape tool

Then, use the Array function ( Layout>Array) Change the Arrow that is Up and Down to 0.00 (This way, they stack touching each other and are all lined up with out moving any thing.

Look for "Total Y" Click it the number of times you want lines. (I choose 6)
So now you should have 6 rectangles all stacked on top of each other.




Next, color each rectangle.  I went with ROYGBP (Red,Orange,Yellow,Green,Blue,Purple)  See the first picture.




Next, Select the entire colored rectangle

go to Transform>Transformation   and look for the last icon on the top left. "Fit to circle clockwise) Click it and your rectangles should now be on an arch. 








The, if you look at the arch, you see the circles, there are little boxes you can move, like if you grab the center one, and pull it down, it will make the colors fatter.


Now if you grab the little diamond shape on the side, you can turn it. You can do both sides if you like.  Looks like this.



When you have it how you like it, Just click off to the side, and save. Wah La!

Now, im sure, This has been show before, But I just found it myself, so had to show yall. I love when I try some thing new. And there is always a way in KNK to do it. If not, ask Sandy. She will find it. LOL!



And if your wondering why I didn't do a video like my friend Kristal of K Andrew designs.  Nope, not going to happen,  I dont like my picture take, out there any where, and I dont even use the video chat, LOL Ask Kristal.  I put a piece of paper of the camera. LOL!


Hope this is helpful to some of you.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

4 comments :

K Andrew said...

That is awesome girl! I don't even use KNK to design--but If ound this tutorial awesome--what a great way to do a rainbow--I would have drawn the entire thing by hand--you go girl!

All the best--from my hands to yours,
K Andrew
www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Ha, I cant draw by hand to save my like, but give me the pencil icon and nodes and Convert to poly arc and I can create any thing. No tracing here either. LOL!

Sharon

Sharon said...

Did any of yall notice, my colors are the wrong direction. LOL.

I did, but it was a easy fix. I just clicked the one at the top and chose a new color. Went down the line. Now my Rainbow is color correct. LOL!

Sharon

Kitty said...

This is a great tutorial! I love to see all the wonderful things KNK can do! Thanks
Kitty