Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Sunday, July 11, 2010

Beautiful Day at the Beach!

/
I have to tell you, I love living in Florida, Im such a beach girl. I dont think I would move any where that didnt have a super nice beach with in 100 miles. I would go nuts.

Nothing makes me feel better then a day at the beach. Today, I went to a new beach, I have never been to, Now, mind you. I have lived in Florida 42 of my 43 years. And there are still tons of places here in Florida I havent been.  So we are trying to go other places.  And today was one of those.

We went to South Lido Park Beach. My husband and I went with My brother and his family. And his 2 sons visiting from Ohio for the summer.  We had an awesome time. We left about 11:30 and didn't get home till 11 pm. What a beautiful day.

The sand was like powder, so clean, white and so soft.  We found a ton of big shells. These are what greets you on your way to the water.

We went to one side of the park, and got our tables under the shade trees.  With a BBQ.   We then went to the beach on one side. But the current was so swift, people would walk up the beach, get in the water and just travel with the current, It was kind of scary to me.  So since we had little ones, We walked down to the point, where it wasnt so swift. and there were several little sand bars so the little ones could play in just a few inches of water. 
Then we went back to the table, and had dinner, BBQ Chicken, Potato salad, Baked beans, Chips and Watermelon.   Then we had some visitors.  A super friendly Squirrel came over.  I thought for sure, he was going to jump on me, Oh man, I would of so screamed like a girl. LOL!  Good thing he didnt. Then we had this Raccoon visit. He was cute, He got in the trash, and got some food out, and went between 2 trees and ate what he found.  Then he climbed the tree. and he was laying on the tree limb. with his arms and legs just dangleing like he had a full belly. LOL!


After dinner, we went back to the beach for a while, The boys threw the foot ball.  My hubby , brother and one of his sons were fishing down the beach, they caught several small fish, and they were giving them to this big gray bird, after 6 fish, he was full and didnt want any more.
After a long day at the beach, We loaded the car up. and went to the other side of the beach with just some blankets and sat on the beach and watched the sun go down.  What a beautiful day at the beach. A must do again kind of thing for sure.
Not a great picture, but my brother snapped this one of my hubby and myself. Did I mention I hate my picture taken, and it dont help that this is after 8 hours on the beach, but it is what it is. LOL!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

5 comments :

K Andrew said...

I love living in FL too--our beaches are so beautiful and sand so white! These pics are beautiful--makes me want to hop into the car and drive down to the beach a few mins away! My little one is out with my mom and dad on the boat today at the beach fishing!
Great post girl!

All the best-from my hands to yours,
K Andrew
www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com
Giveaways, Tutorials, Reviews, and Free SVGS

Lynn C. said...

Sharon,
You always say you don't want your picture taken but I thought it was a good picture of you and your husband. I always like being able to put a face to a name. I'm sure that comes from 32 years of teaching.
Sounds like you had a super great day at the beach. I would have liked to have joined you.

Sharon said...

Thanks girls. Yall are so sweet.

I think I need about 10 inches cut off so I dont wear my hair in pony tail any more. LOL! You know, I had my new drivers license pic taken like that, My hubby was shocked, I told him, that is how it always is, so why not, LOL!

Sharon

FileKutz said...

Sharon, love these pictures.. makes me so jealous!! I can't wait!! Beautiful photo's!

Sharon said...

Any news on the move?