Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Adirondack Ink Pads Oh My!

I love these ink pads. And have been collecting them over the past 2 years.  Some how I ended up with several duplicates when I was buying them in lots. So will have several of those to sell.  I had ended up with 20 of the neutral colors.  Only needed the last 4 of those. But still needed all 12 lights and all 12 brights. To have the whole set of Dye inks. I dont use pigment inks.

So, Last week, I finally bought the bullet and when Joanns had a sale, these were 2.39 each, plus free shipping. I just couldnt resist. So I just went ahead and bought all the rest I needed so I now have the complete set. Woo Hoo!  Man, Every color in the rainbow for sure!

So, I printed out the Adirondack Ink list online. Then I take this cute little Hershey Kiss stamp on a stick,  and stamp the color by each name.  Then trim the sides,  and cut in strips of  3 names and run though the Xyron 150 (X).   And Apply to the case. 


This is how I store them, On my wall in the dinning room.  This is a wooden Cassett tape holder, it works perfect,  I removed a few of the bottom rows to hold the reinkers, Distress inks, and paint daubers. Hmm!  I think I have a thing for Tim Holtz inks, What would you say. Oh yeah. The entire set of Alcohol Inks are in a special case. LOL!  Those are some cards I made on the top, That I couldn't part with.

Here is a close up so you can see the stamped color on the tags.


I think my Pitch black is packed in my roller bag in the closet, Have to go look for it.  Also, the 4 on the bottom are the ones that have 4 colors each in them.  Pretty cool for back grounds using a brayer.
So, Tell me this.

How do you store your Adirondack Inks?  
Alpha order (All)
Alphs order (By Brights, Lights, Neutrals)  How I have them above
Or by matching colors. 

I would be interested in knowing how you store yours.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon 

1 comment :

K Andrew said...

HI Sharon--this is so incredibly beautifully organized! I absolutely LOVE your system. I only have a few dye based ink pads--distress--and they are only 4 stored--as they stack on top of each other. The others are stampin up' and they came in boxes. They just sit there in the boxes--I never use them....ever.
I do use chalkbox inks--but they are soooo tiny that they fit in this little bitty drawer.

Hugs,
Kristal
www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com