Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Friday, April 2, 2010

Charmed Challenge at VDBC

Last week we had this awesome challenge at the VDBC.  I have been so busy I almost didn't make in time to post. Whoo! I finally got the chance to make this card and post it on the last day.

So here is the card I made. The challenge was to use a charm on our card , layout or project.  Well yall know me, So yep. I did a card. LOL!

I used a basket weave technique on the paper back ground. Then heat embosses with iridescent embossing powder, then a coat of clear embossing powder. It also helps to keep it together.

I used my file RM00051 "Easter Lily Card"    and matted on white cardstock, and used purple cardstock for the card.  I cut this file to fit this A2 Card.

And used a bunny charm on a jump ring.  Turns out , that is the only Easter related charm I had, So glad it all worked out, LOL

Here is a close up of the basket weave (I will have a tutorial and a free file for this in the next week)


And here is a close up of the little bunny charm that looks so cute on this card.


Also, Im hosting this weeks challenge at VDBC.  So if you want a chance to win one of my new files, be sure to enter.


Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

No comments :