Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wedding Invitations

Do you all remember my posting about making my daughters Wedding Invitations, But I couldn't post the pictures untill after the Wedding.  Other Blog post about the Wedding.

Well, the Wedding is now over, by like 2 weeks, and Im just getting caught up with stuff. Or working on it at least.  And thought I would take a few pictures of the Invitations I made.

Hector and Melissa requested a small wedding with only very, very close friends and select few family members. (parents of the bride and groom, and Uncle of the bride) They wanted this to be a true celebration of those that they love to spend time with and support them every day of their life.  I truly think that is the way to celebrate a wedding. With those that matter the most.  So that means we only had 20 invitations to make. And of course, we had several show up un invited. but you just make the best of it.

Melissa invited her Grandparents in TX. But Grandma has Alzheimer's so they weren't able to make it. Hector invited his Grandad in AZ but he is also very sick and couldn't make it, but they wanted them to know they were invited as one of the special few so we sent them an Invitation as well.

Okay, on to the Invitation. My Daughter wanted some thing no one else had. So here it is!


This Invitation is a trifold(?) type of invitation.  It has one main card that folds in half and has a flap closure.  My daughter was very specific on it not being to girly. But it still turned out beautiful.  Every one loved it.

The 2 Green cardstocks are from SU. Outside Card is Mellow Moss.   Layered mats inside are  Always Artichoke .
The lace edge is a Fiskars Lace boarder punch. 
White frame is a KNK file I made to match the boarder punch.
 "R" monogram is also a KNK file font.
Cream paper is by Paper adventures "Bisque Satin"
White is White Card stock from Georgia Pacific
Ivory Ribbon and Sage Ribbon from Joann's and Michaels


Here is the flap open. You can see we used a small Velcro dot to hold it closed. Ribbon wraps all the way around the card.  Held on with Score tape.


Here is the inside of the Invitations. The announcement has 5 layers. (White, AA SU, White Frame KNK, Bisque Satin paper, AA SU)

Cards on side have 3 layers. (White, Bisque Satin, AA SU )
4 Cards ( Bridal Registry, RSVP, Reception, Map & Directions)
Picture of the Bride and Groom to be, (Picture and one mat)
Photo by Lisa Hunt Photography.   (13 of my Daughters wedding pictures are on the home page slide show)



Here is a close up of the cards.  I cut every thing but the outside card on the KNK Groove. And I used Word and Sandys Reverse print and cut technique to print these and it worked perfect. I blured out information on these pictures.

I have to tell you, I wouldn't of been able to do all this cutting by hand, So have to thank my KNK for helping me out so much. It worked so hard and never let me down. And we got a beautiful Wedding invitation in the end.



For 20 invitations we used:


30 sheets of 8.5 x 11 White Card weight cardstock (Georgia Pacific)
 You get 100 sheets for about $5.00. So for 30 Sheets. $1.50
48 sheets of SU 8.5 x 11 cardstock (Always Artichoke) $11.00
20 sheets of SU 12 x 12 cardstock (Mellow Moss) $7.50
20 sheets of Bisque Satin paper $2.00 (biglots deal)
3 rolls of Organza ribbon "Sage" $3.00
2 rolls of Satin ribbon "Ivory"  $4.00

Total cost: $29.00  And lots of hours of love. And My daughter knowing I made them by hand makes them extra special.

You can see some of the other decorations, Center pieces, Flower bouquets, Wedding Cake Card box, Guest frame and other things in the wedding pictures in a video slide show on Lisa Hunts website.

Okay, these are country kids. so you will be looking at a Southern Wedding,  and yes, you will see the guys in jeans, boot, and a nice dress shirt. The girls are dressed in beautiful dresses we ordered with out seeing in person, glad that worked out.  And yes, the girls even the bride changed into their boots durning the reception. Those kids sure know how to dance. We all had a great time and will remember it for ever.

I will be adding new Wedding files to store in the next few weeks. Includeing this Wedding invitation file. Have a lot to package up for you on that.

But in the mean time. If you didnt get the Store newsletter, you need to sign up to get it HERE. We are changing it and adding a bunch of stuff. There is a free file in this one.  And I also posted my sale.  Which if you didnt get the newsletter.

Here is the sale.  You get 40% off all my files in my part of the store. Untill March 27th.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

2 comments :

Sarah said...

Everything was beautiful. After doing my son's wedding last summer I know the work that went in to hand making everything. You did a fantastic job!

Cathie in UT said...

Beautiful invitation/announcements and the cost shows how much you love your dd because you didn't include the hundreds of dollars for time! LOL
I love her colors and it isn't girly but still shows a soft side.