Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thinking Of You Card

Im hosting a Card Challenge over at the VDBC forum for this weeks, Weekly Challenge   "Use a Stamp on a Card"    So here is my card for the challenge.



I made this card for my very specail MIL.  She has beginning stages of Alzheimer.  She used to teach water color classes. And she is a wonderful artist.  So I thought this Card might make her smile.  So sending to her this week.

I used JustRite stampers "Thinking of you" stamp in the middle.  And Heat embossed in Queens Gold EP.  and used Classic Large Oval #4 to cut it out, then used Classice Small Oval #5 for the striped mat.  Behind that is the New Spellbinders Lables 13 dies.  #4 & 5.    The butterfly is Martha Stewart punch. I just bought it and love it.

The Pansy flower if from HeartFelt Creations.  I just go this stamp at stampfest last week, Love it. Its one of the new stamps that match the spellbinders dies, You can see the others here. The Leaves are part of the Hydrangea flower from Rubber Stampede.  Heat embossed with Queens Gold EP,  And Water colored with Tombow Markers.   My friend Jill is giving me lessons on water coloring, I have a long way to go yet, but I think this one looks okay.

Hope you like it.
Sharon

No comments :