Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wedding Layout , 2 challenges, Justrite stampers & KNK Groove!

Wow! Now that's a title. LOL!

I am so excited, I accomplished so much with this.

One, I did my first layout, NO!, make that a 2 page layout in almost 2 years. I make cards and design Digital cutter files.  But with my daughters Wedding coming up in a few weeks, I though now is the time to get started on the album, and maybe it will be ready by her first Anniversary. I didn't do mine till my 21st Anniversary, but that's because , that is when I started scrapping. These pictures don't show the paper to well, its the DCWV Luxury pack, its a shinny paper, really pretty. The paper is kind of busy so didnt want to add to much.  I bought 2 packs and using the Browns & Cream and the Sage and Cream of the packs.  Along with matching Bazzill.



This sketch had the multiple pictures, so thought it would be perfect for "The Reception" page. You always have lots of pictures of the reception.  This layout will hold 16 picture.



Second, I did this layout because at the VDBC, The January Sketch Challenge was posted using my favorite Sketches by Becky Fleck.  With" Page Maps".   And Chris, designed a file to go with Becky Fleck's Sketches.  So it was a great time to get started.  I cant wait for next months.   I love Becky's Sketches, and when I first started scrapping.  I printed out 600 of her sketches, and made a sketch book, which I love, I only have her sketches in there. I just love all the card and tag sketches as well.

Third, I used my Justrite stamps with the Wedding Stamp Ensemble (retired) and I used them for my Weekly Challenge this week, using the file I posted.  So got that out of the way, and also,  I used that file cut it on the KNK Groove, and sized it to fit the JustRite Stampers.   All the layers are on pop dots.



How did I do that, well, here is how.

First I sized the file to fit the inner stamp, the outer ring and the 2nd row of words.  Cut those on my KNK Groove.  Then to get the perfect center of the stamp. That was a little tricky, but then came up with the perfect solution.

Then I stamped the scalloped mat with the letters on the 2 Inch stamper with the 15pt times newman alpha on the 2nd row.

I then took the inner ring stamp and used double sided tape on a clear block and was able to see where to stamp the cut out ring.  It worked perfect.



I did the same thing with the inner circle.  And it came out perfect as well. If you don't have punches or Spellbinders, You can use your KNK or any other cutter.  Have I told y'all how much I love my KNK Groove!

Here are some other pictures of the layout.  This is what I did with the Note book paper file.
I Altered the file a little and made the Note book paper file to have a closed spine so I could make 2 of them One smaller then the other, and lace the spine. I think it turned out great. I also cut extras of the embellishment file and cut it in half, and put one one the front and one on the back and glued them together to make it a tab to lift the top flap, Now She will have 2 pages for Journaling all the things that happen at the Reception.  I love how it turned out.


Here is the embellishment file that was part of the sketch, I used the mat cut in cream, and the fancy part is in Glass slipper Bazzil Bling, I also made one smaller and layered on pop dots, for the center, and added a half pearl to the center.


I love how this turned out, My daughter loves it as well.  Her colors are Sage, Cream and White.  So the next layout will have some Sage in it.




Dont forget about the January Grab bag, has now been revealed,  You only have a few more days left in this month to pick it up. These files wont ever be offered together again. Go get it now.  A $27 dollar value for only $8 untill Jan 31st.

Thanks for stoping by!
Sharon

4 comments :

Caroline said...

gorgeous Sharon, love the papers and colours you have used!

Jill said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I don't think there is anything you CAN'T do!

Sharon said...

Aw! Thanks Yall, You know, I think it looks kind of plain compared to my cards, but the paper was busy, and I wanted the attention on all 16 pictures. I cant wait to see it with the pictures.

Sharon

Renae said...

SIMPLY Beautiful! You should scrapbook more often!