Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Monday, January 11, 2010

Stickles Storage - Maybe / Maybe Not!

I spent the day cleaning so tomorrow will be a free crafting day, Doing some thing craft related. Wed will be a test cutting day, to test cut a file im going to use at the VDBC. This week is my turn to host the weekly challenge, so need to get working on that.  Tune in on Thursday, I will be posting my challenge, but until then, check out Lori's Challenge for this week at the VDBC.

But while I was cleaning and throwing out all the Christmas goodies left over. I can a cross some thing, I had an idea for, that I could use in my scrap area.  Not sure how well it will work.  But I had it sitting on the table and man, is my husband quick. He walked in, and as soon as he walked by the dinning room table, (my scarp room) He said, "Hey, You stole my Case" My reply was, "Yep! Sure did"  and that was that. LOL!

So here is what im trying, not sure it will work or not, but we will give it a go. What do you think of this? 

I usually just throw all my stickles, in a zippered case, but then the glue settles on the side, and it takes a few shakings to get it down to the tip but then you get bubbles.  I know, they are supposed to be stored upside down,  I just never got around to it till today.

So my husband had one of those wood trays that have all those little chocolate liquor bottles in it. Well it has a clear case top and a clear top tray that is made to keep all the candy upright and separated,  and then the gold insert bottom and then the wood tray.  This is what it looks like.




And this is what it looks like with the clear top that is shaped to the tops of the candy bottles.  And guess what, they are the exact same shape as the Stickles bottle caps. You can barley see the clear top.


I took all the candy out and put in the fridge.  Then took the clear top, flipped it over and laid it in inside on top of the gold bottom tray.  Then put the stickles in side, I only have one of the large Ice bottles, but it fits as well.  I also put the clear top in it as well, but its not in the picture.




So what do you think?  Do you think this will work for sitting on my table. I will give it a go and see how well it works.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

5 comments :

Lisa Byers said...

Wow that is a great idea. And cool looking at the same time. I haven't ever seen those wooden candy boxes. Great idea!
Lisa

Sharon said...

Thanks Lisa, I got this one at Sams club, week after Christmas on clearance for $4. You might find them in a liquor store, as that is what is inside the candy. Nope, I dont eat them, my Hubby does.

Sharon

Caroline said...

what a great idea!

Kelly Landers said...

Brilliant Sharon!! And if they topple over too easily maybe you could cut out the bottoms where the tip fits and let them sink down farther. You would have to raise up the tray with something but I know you could engineer that!!

K Andrew said...

WOWEEEEEE! I love this--now I'll have to look like an alcoholic and stalk all the liquor stores--thanks a bunch Sharon! lol
Awesome organizing ideas you have!