Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Friday, January 1, 2010

Colored Fluffy stuff

The girls on the KNK group were talking about this flower soft stuff, and how to make some thing close to it..  And they posted a video on youtube how to do it.

So I had to give it a try.  So I tried it a few different ways, like in the video, and also mixing with my fingers, that was messy, and this is what worked the best for me. No mess and it was fast.

I first bought a pack of 6 medium foam balls. Looks like these but bigger.  Then I took a stand up cheese grater but used the side that you use to do lemon zest.   And rubbed the balls on it, inside a bowl.  Be ready to clean up a mess, LOL!  This stuff just flies every where.




After it was all shredded (Fine) I used some Snack size bags, Tim Holtz Adirondak Alcohol Inks, and a container I got at Joanns with little cases with screw on lids.









Then I scooped up the shredded foam in the container so I knew exactly how much to mix. And put in one corner of the snack size baggie.  And squirted in several drops of Adirondak Ink. (use the other corner for next color when done with this one)



Next, use your fingers to move it around, and it mixes all up.  If its not dark enough, add a few more drops.  The more you add the darker it gets.


When done mixing, put it in your special container. I labeled mine so I know what color I need to make more of when I run out.



I had 12 containers in this one, so I made 12 colors.  I need to go get a few more of these so I can make the rest of the colors, as I have all 28 Adirondak inks, and make a few mixed colors as well.  This is the colors I made and look at the silver it came out great, I think it will look real pretty mixed with the blue and used for water.



How do you like these colors. A mix of the greens for grass, and mix of browns for sand,  and mix of blues for water.   Oh! I cant wait to make more colors.  Its not as fancy as the real flower soft, but it will work.

I will have another post later on my spellbinder storage im working on now.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon

7 comments :

Professor said...

Love the colors and your method.
Denise in PA

Nancy said...

If nothing else it is really pretty!
It is always fun to find a less expensive way and to be able to say "I made it myself".

Ret said...

You did a beautiful job with it! It looks really neat & I'm gonna have to give this a try. Thanks so much for sharing with us!
Ret

Rosa said...

That's genius!!
pretty cool!

Scrapin4Joy said...

Wow they look great thanks for sharing!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I have done this and love it...Your idea of the snack bag was a plus thank you

Cathie in UT said...

This sounds easy enough and I know It would be another fun dimesion to my scrapping
Thanks for the idea