Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Card #2 with new file in store

This card was inspired by a file request by one of my Creative team members.  She asked for some thing with a Door and garland. may be 2 little trees.

So this is what I came up with, I do love it.  Its very detailed, and took me a long time to design and change. To make it a better cutting file with fewer parts.  If you know me. You know I love details, and paper piecings.

This file has,  A red door, with a framed window and bottom door pannels.  Door frame is in 2 layers, Garland drapes the door frame, with red bows,  Wreath hangs on the door window with red bow.  2 Small trees in brown planters with red box,  And I added to black lamp post with yellow lighting, and if you look close you can see white light bulbs inside.



I used white card, with Red mat and White mat embossed with cuttle bug folder.   Red sheer ribbon on the side.  Let me tell you, when you have embossed cardstock, its hard to get it to stay put, but if you use score tape, its wonderful and keeps its hold.


Here is a close up, you can see, I used different textures of bazzill paper.  I used Christmas Red stickles on the red bows, and dots on wreath.  I used Silver Jelly Roll pen on the light bulbs in the lamp post.  All the bows adn wreath are on mini pop dots.

This card is stunning in person.

I just added this card to my store, and it included in my sale that last till the 31st.  "Chrismas Door"  RM00038

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon  

2 comments :

Caroline said...

I LOVE this file! you have outdone yourself with all your Christmas designs!

Sharon said...

Thank you Caz.

That means to much to me that others love my files.

Sharon