Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Saturday, December 5, 2009

Baby Boy Card

I had the honor of attending a baby shower of a friend.  She is expecting her first child in Feb. A baby boy, no name yet.   I made this card for her.  She is also a scrapbooker so I hope she likes this card.



I used my new Justrite Stampers Baby Stamp Ensemble set. I got on sale for $5.00.  Its so cute, I also used my Spell binders Oval Nestabilities and Scallop Oval.  I watched this video on how to center your Justrite stampers just perfect with the Nest. As they were made to go together. Check out this video, it works so good. I still need some practice with the sizing of the nest with the stamps but not bad for first try.

The card was inspiration from this card I fell in love with it.  So had to make one similar.

I used blue DCWV for the card.  Stripe paper is Target dollar bin, Winter blues Christmas paper. White cardstock is Joanns, and embossed with Cuttle bug embossing folder "Baby Words".  and lightly inked with Adirondak Denium blue. Grass stamp by Rubber Stampede "Prairie Grass" and ink SU Mellow Moss and Certainly Celery.   Stamps images are from Autumn Leaves "Mindy's Zoo". These are so cute!  Images are colored with Tombow water color markers on water color paper. And heat imbossed. I colored a couple images and pop dotted the heads. Blue bear ribbon is from dollar bin at Michaels.  Other things used, Score tape, Score pal.

Hope you like it,
Sharon

No comments :