Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hang In There!

I made this card for my Father-In-Law. He has had a lot of medical problems, He has been fighting cancer and now just had surgery for a perforated bowel. So made him this card with this adorable digital stamp from Whimsie Doodles Digital Stamps you can check out there blog here. This turtle is "This bud's for you".

This is my first digital stamp, and I have to say, I like it. I also figured out I have an addiction to sewing my cards, to me, they just don't look done with out that little feature. I borrowed a friends TH ruler, and yes, I have to get one. Thanks a ton Jill.

Isn't this turtle the cutest thing you ever saw!



I made a KNK file for the log, and printed 4 images of the turtle, so I could piece him to make it look like he is hanging on the log (Hang In There!). I left him with the rose and used stickles (yes another addiction). I colored the turtle with Tombow Markers, and did water coloring on this image. Used pop dots to give dimension to the head,arms,legs and rose.

The blue paper is from paper adventures. And I used Kelly's tip on using the swirls cuttle bug folder. Stamped the trees in back with half a stamp from Inkadinkado. The bottom sea grass is 2 stamps both from Inkadinkado (oh Yeah! this is another addiction, I have a lot of Inka stamps). Just stamped at different heights with 2 SU inks, Mellow Moss and Certainly Celery. Ribbon and punch, and Saying I printed on computer. Another of Kelly's tips. And I just love it. I never have the right saying stamps and now I do.

In this picture, you see a black marker, I only used that to run along the edges of the cut out image. so it hides any little white spots from cutting out of white paper. Gives the edges a clean look.



Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado 96438 (2&3 of 3), 4 tree stamp Inkadinkado 93174 x
Ink: SU Mellow Moss and Certainly Celery
Markers: Tombow N15, 772, 723, 942, 026, 126, 133, 076, 098
KNK Groove: Log File
Other supplies: Fiskars lg and xl oval punch, Needle & Thread, Score Tape. TH Ruler. Paper trimmer

EDIT: Sorry for a re post, I just proof read this and man, my spelling is bad, and I don't catch it if spell check don't. Still trying to figure out how to edit with out re posting. Any clues?

2 comments :

Vanessa said...

Well, if your blogspot is set up the way mine is, once you are signed in, click on "Customize" in the upper right corner, then Click on "dashboard" (It's right around where the customize button was)Any blogs you have should be listed on that screen, Click on "Edit Posts" next to the blog you want to edit, and it should list all of your past posts, find the one you want to edit and click "edit"
It would be nice if this wasn't as hidden as it is. I hope this helps you!
(Oh, and I found you from the ILoveMyKNKMax yahoo group.)

Sharon said...

Hello, and thank you for leaving a comment. Mine is set up that way, and I also have the pencil under each post. You just click it and it takes you to that post to edit it. (You set this in the settings some where).

But the problem is, when I edit a post. You have to save as draft or publish, it wont update unless you publish, I have been told its sending out another post. SO Im trying to do good spell check, and reread before I publish, I wish there was a way to edit with out sending another post.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sharon