Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bushels Of Blessings

I started this card yesterday and didn't like the paper, so left it, changed it out this morning. Stamped and colored my image, and still didn't like the paper, so chose a 3rd. I do like this one, I hope y'all do as well.

I made this card to enter the Sheet load Fall Challenge. This is my first sheet load card, and first entry card.

I hand sewed the outer frame. I have got to get a Tim Holtz ruler or the SU Mat Pak as how im doing it now, is a little hard. So this is what I do, I get a foam craft sheet, a ruler and a paper piercer. I mark the 1/4 from the edges, then start making the holes punching every 1/8 mark. It works pretty good if your paying attention. Note, if your not, you miss the right mark and your holes are off, cant tell you how many times that has happened. LOL!. Then I used metallic thread doubled up and a needle to sew the edges.

Here is my card: (I used my new light tent box to take these, they dont look to bad)




Here is what I used some things not in pic.




Versafine Onyx Black ink
Stamp is by Great Impressions #J42
Tombow markers 055, 076, 126, 847, 946, 977, 990, 991, 992, 993.
Fiskars Oval squeeze punch-Large and Xlarge
Cardstock is DCWV, Joann
Score Tape, Brads, Rhinestones
Dont know who pattern paper or Ribbon is by

Hope you like it as much as my Dear Husband does.

Sharon

5 comments :

Laurie Marmon said...

i think the paper you picked goes very nicely with your image. great card!

Sharon said...

Thank you, Im loving it more and more every day.

Sharon

Kelly Landers said...

I love this Sharon! How beautiful for the upcoming fall season! It can't get here fast enough... I am ready for things to cool down!!

Sharon said...

Thank you Kelly, I know I'm in a hurry for fall, its my favorite time of year. And camping. Woo hoo! We have booked a weekend in Oct.

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

You may want to check out this post: http://sheetload.blogspot.com/2009/10/and-september-winners-are.html