Welcome to my Creative Blog. I'm now a "Retired" file designer.

I hope you find inspiration and lots of creative ideas when you visit my blog. Smokey is my sweet lil cat who LOVES to get into my scrap room and play with all my stuff!

I only ask that you do not trace my pictures or files. All content of this blog is protected by myfreecopyright.


Thanks for stopping by
Sharon (and Smokey too!)


Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1st Grade Card

I made this card for my special little niece. She starts 1st grade this year. Seems like just yesterday she was born and now she is a big girl. I spent her first 3 months of life with her and my SIL. They live in NY still and I miss them very much.

Front of Card



Inside with picture frame




I made the card front with paper from DCWV paper stack, The words on front are Typist font by Quickutzs, dont know who the tag is by, it was in my "scrap rack". Inside is more DCWV paper and, tiny brads and Words, Jensyn 1st Grade, is a easy KNK file I made and cut on my "KNK Groove". If you want to know any thing about this software or machine, Contact Sandy McCauley. She is wonderful and has so much knowledge.

I stitched the front by hand using this cool new tool I picked up on clearance at Walmart for $2.00 for both (usually 8.99 for both). They are "Cutter Bee Bug paper piercers". I knew they were for piercing paper. The package says to use on soft foam or mouse pad. But had no clue they would work on my "Score Pal". And they did, they worked great, the single you can use on any line. the double you use on the #2 and its gives you a double line 1/8 apart. Then you just get needle and thread and hand sew. Its a lot easier then digging the sewing machine out of the closet every time.

Score Pal and Cutter Bee piercers.


Front card pierced



Back of pierced card

2 comments :

Kelly Landers said...

This is a really cute card! The recipient should love it! My KNK is down and out until I replace the cord that my new puppy chewed through. It is the only thing she has ruined, but why did she have to pick that???

Sharon said...

Thanks Kelly, Oh Man, so sorry to hear about your cord. Im lost with out my KNK, I working on cutting these wedding invitations today.

Hope you get your cutter back soon.

Sharon